What are Ford MONDEO 2008 up like

Page 1 / 2
megan23, Jul 8, 9:55am
We need a new car what are the fords like

mugenb20b, Jul 8, 9:57am
2008 Mondeo! No idea how good they are, we'll have to wait and see.but the diesel is bloody nice to drive, fantastic chassis.

twink19, Jul 8, 7:45pm
2008 is good, just bought a S/W , ex lease 120km $14k

smac, Jul 8, 8:13pm
I was wondering in another thread how long the 2.0 turbo diesel is likely to last. Hopefully somebody shows who knows.

megan23, Jul 9, 7:10am
They look like a nice car

smac, Jul 9, 7:30am
Big though. Taller, and wider than an FG Falcon. Less than 20cm shorter too. Damn near same weight. Yet some how end up with less room inside. Kinda like an anti-tardis.

All of which leaves me wondering, why would you get the petrol model over a Falcon!

That leaves the diesel, which is why I'm wondering how long they'd last.

wrong2, Jul 9, 7:46am
its a modern design !

probablly rock solid

unbeatabull, Jul 9, 8:07am
Can't say we've really had any trouble with the Diesel engine. Get the odd fuel pump problem as you do any vehicle, but have had less problems with them then the petrol version

smac, Jul 9, 8:38am
Was wondering when you'd show up ;)

What I'm wondering is, how many k's are you likely to get out of one of them before major expense!

Just weighing up the long term economics of I6 Falcon versus diesel Mondeo. Yes I know the diesel gets way better economy, but if it's only gonna last half as long (and I do high k's).

megan23, Jul 9, 8:44am
So the falcon uses the same as amount of fuel as a mondo

smac, Jul 9, 8:45am
Damn near (petrol mondeo).

(not the new ecoboost mondeo but I'm not looking at new)

flack88, Jul 9, 8:46am
Why would the diesel not last!theirs Toyo 2c diesels around with half mill ks still going strong !/!

megan23, Jul 9, 8:48am
Mmm we looking for one around 2008 -2010

smac, Jul 9, 8:52am
Well I can think of a bunch of reasons why they might not, which is why I'm asking the question.

Only takes one shagged dual mass flywheel out of warrenty and you would have been better off with a less economic vehicle.

flack88, Jul 9, 8:58am
Yeah or a high pressure pump failure,probably buy lota petrol for the coon if that happend!

bwg11, Jul 9, 8:59am
Because the 2C only puts out 65 kW and the Mondeo is twice that.

flack88, Jul 9, 9:07am
Yeah and the 2c wont throw you back in yer seat like 7speed DSG,its got agricultural 4 speed ,low tech trans!lol

megan23, Jul 9, 9:22am
Mmmm we need to find a new car ,my man is very tall so it has to have room

phillip.weston, Jul 9, 9:28am
FG Falcon would be a good option.

megan23, Jul 9, 9:38am
What are they like on fuel around town

unbeatabull, Jul 9, 9:43am
We have a lot of lease companies use them, well over 100k's without major issues. Get the odd one thats getting up there that gets the odd leaking hose etc but no catastrophic failures.

They do get through brakes pretty quick though, expect pad changes at around every 45k and Rotors every 90k. Get the odd suspension knock at the rear which is usually just stones that get stuck under the springs - They've done it for years and they still haven't changed the design >< A little screwdriver and a mirror and a bit of time is all thats needed.

I'd look at a FG as well as above suggested

megan23, Jul 9, 9:50am
Ok will go have a look tomorrow

craigsmith, Jul 9, 12:47pm
The hatchbacks are popular.

chebry, Jul 15, 8:40am
Like all euro diesel Fords the Mondeo has a Peugeot powertrain lasts for ever qand basicly indestructable if maintained and a much better buy than the soon to be discontinued falcon

phillip.weston, Jul 15, 8:49am
Sort of. Ford and PSA jointly developed the engine which is used in the facelift MarkIII and MarkIV Mondeos, with the 2.0 and 2.2 being produced by Ford's Dagenham UK factory. The earlier 1.8 Endura-D diesel engines are all Ford too.