Anyone with 22 inch wheels?

Page 1 / 2
96jeep4life, Jul 2, 9:08am
I know, i know, silly idea, makes the car look like a pimpmobile

Buuuut can anyone tell me from experience what theyr like to own and drive on!

Theyr going on a range rover!

Thank youu!

daryl14, Jul 2, 9:13am
Can't think of any better way to make a harsh riding 4x4 even more so. You trying to shake someones bra off!

clark20, Jul 2, 9:15am
Well I have 20s and they are for looks only, car is nicer to drive on my 19s. Still I will get them back on soon.

96jeep4life, Jul 2, 9:16am
Haha could be XD well in all seriousness i do probably 10kms around the city in a week, its ma cruisin car tehe

96jeep4life, Jul 2, 9:19am
And how bad or good is the steering & suspension!

I didnt know all that much about 22's until after i bought them and then googled them, and there they were . The horror stories!

matarautrader, Jul 2, 9:36am
I think 22's are for the bro's who live in Otara.

96jeep4life, Jul 2, 9:40am
Haha i thought that for a second then thought woooooow those would look sooooo kool Anyway

matarautrader, Jul 2, 10:06am
Theres a late model Range Rover with black 22"s on up here. Looks OK and he reckons he gets 30,000km plus from them. Not for me though sorry.

thejazzpianoma, Jul 2, 11:07am
Not sure if you have bought any but I have spotted a couple of cheap sets of 22" wheels specifically for Range Rovers on here. Worth checking out if thats the sickness you are inflicted with.

twink19, Jul 2, 8:30pm
22s on the transporter

poppajn, Jul 2, 9:07pm
My 4 axle log trailer, built by Kraft is on 22", ride,s and tow,s well.

thejazzpianoma, Jul 2, 10:57pm

hopie, Jul 3, 1:01am

rob_man, Jul 3, 1:08am
Maybe Trogedon has 22"s on one of his bicycles. Where they belong.

96jeep4life, Jul 3, 5:48am
Yess i do have the "pimpmobile" sickness, i swore when i bought the car id never customise it . but eventually i got bored

& yeah snapped up a real bargain down in hamilton just planning when i have time to pick them up

96jeep4life, Jul 3, 5:51am
Would it drive the same as a range rover by any chance!

96jeep4life, Jul 3, 5:54am
Omg! Id hate to think what my neighbours would think of me

tgray, Jul 3, 6:16am
20's on my Camaro are standard. Wouldn't go bigger.

96jeep4life, Jul 3, 6:35am
Oooooh worrying, more info please!

zephyrheaven, Jul 3, 6:46am
I roll 29's on my new MTB, & I mean ROLL - over bloody every root & washout, amazing compared to the standard 26"

Also, 22" wheels on a rangie isnt a big ask, the car can handle em easy - but the type of roads - well. Consider in LA for example the roads are nearly perfect - no signs of potholes or goat tracks like SH1 for instance. Would be careful on brand too - some of those cheap spun alloy wheels are bloody easy to smash

kingfisher21, Jul 3, 6:55am
No, but it'd be a hell of a lot more reliable.

96jeep4life, Jul 3, 7:03am
Ahahahaha! I think i may have pmled
But once youve owned one its hard to own anything else!

96jeep4life, Jul 3, 7:06am
Thanks for that info, will get more powerful headlights too i think as mine would never spot potholes at night! And on the long and tortuous journey from hamilton to auckland with them fitted . O dear

tgray, Jul 3, 8:38am
Only because I think any bigger looks stupid and you'd look like a poser.

clark20, Jul 3, 8:56am
Bigger also cause more problems, as rim or tyre damage is very easy to get , and top gear proved their car was slower on 22s than 20s