Whats a Tractor clutch job cost nowdays?

stuart, Jun 24, 10:39am
Just ball park will do.
But its a Landini Atlas 85.

mrcat1, Jun 24, 11:14am
$4000.00

pollymay, Jun 24, 11:38am
Looking at my price list it's around 1400-1800 in parts alone. Add in a decent workload to split things apart. Maybe spill oil all over the shop floor from the gearbox and get it back together perhaps with a service on things that need doing along the way then it's not going to be super cheap. Maybe 3k! Depends on a few things but I guess it's ballpark, I'm guessing at how long it would take, haven't done a landini.

Can always split it yourself to. Which is fine right up until you find something else major and have a tractor in 2 halves that can't be moved stuck in your garage lol

sw20, Jun 24, 12:44pm
My cousin is a heavy diesel mech. I was using his workshop to drop engine inthe mr2, he noted the price of my Redline gear oil and was taking the piss, until he got a quote for some trans part for the tractor he had in for repairs LOL suddenly car parts were a bargain.

pollymay, Jun 24, 1:06pm
Tractors depending on what they are can be very very expensive. Even the oil can be super expensive. Especially when you have gearcases that can hold 40 litres of the stuff.

paul861, Jun 24, 6:46pm
86 litres in my 786 inter trans. $700 worth of oil

elect70, Jun 25, 1:44am
Dont you need a slidingframe to split themas no separate chassishardly DIY /

pollymay, Jun 25, 2:04am
2 big jacks and a concrete floor is usually fine. Just gotta make sure you have some burly jackstands around for safety

toyboy3, Jun 25, 3:25am
Get the chainsaw out and cuta tree trunk to suitmakes a good stand

bmc460, Jun 25, 7:00am
hes only doing the clutch no need to worry about oil in gearbox. it wont come out . if you do clucth yourself it will only cost you price of clutch and your own time. just block the back of tractorand stick a trolly jack under sump to wheel front away. make sure to put blocks between front axle and frame to stop engine tipping over.

ema1, Jun 25, 7:34am
Does it have a wet clutch!

bmc460, Jun 25, 8:36am
dry clutch. there is too diffrent size clutches and you need a special tool to set it up butyour local power farmingshopwill have that.

stuart, Jun 25, 10:54am
You mean the spigott tool!
Yeah I guess its a bit different to a car lining it up.
Nah I was just asking what it cost.
I fiigures it would be around $3000+.
Power farming confirmed what Mrcat said.

paul861, Jun 25, 6:38pm
would you split a tractor and not do the rear main seal and the trans input shaft seal!sometimes you got to dump trans oil, depending on seal carrier

bmc460, Jun 25, 7:38pm
i suppose if the seals were leaking you would replace them but otherwise i wouldnt if they were dry.

alfred011, Jul 2, 10:20am
Cost depends on wether it has cab ,loader,4wd.Use a big bottle jack under the gearbox a trolley jack under the engine,a shed with a concrete floor,hammer wedges in between front axle and axle housing to stop engine rocking side to side.undo all the pipes,unplug wiring ,take out all the bolts then wheel it apart,you can probably get after market clutch parts from sparex ,bepco or vapormatic you only buy genuine parts as a last resort,make sure you get the flywheel ground flat when you fit new clutch plate.