What would this be like on gas? and

kazbanz, Jun 19, 9:11am
super low beemer--that in itself scares the beejeebers out of me. The 3 series have a firm enough ride out of the factory

phillip.weston, Jun 19, 9:16am
I drove a sedan version of the E46 318 extensively for a while and found its fuel economy to be reasonable. The engine is quite gutless and needs to be pushed to get anywhere. It's not exactly a sophisticated engine you would expect from BMW either, being a basic SOHC 8V design which is more at home in the 1980's rather than the 2000's. If I had to get an E46 touring wagon I would get a 325 or 330 instead. I know they come with a bit of a cost premium but they feel like they are twice the car the 318 is.

the.wife, Jun 19, 9:18am
And, being a 318, it will be gutless. Also, electric window regulators fail and cooling system components are fragile. Germans love using plastic shit around hot engine parts.

msigg, Jun 19, 9:22am
be like most 2.0 ltre cars on gas. its got enough power.

beney128, Jun 19, 9:22am
thanks Phillip, I think it would still be faster than my wee 1300cc corolla im currently driving!

beney128, Jun 19, 9:23am
i love the look of it soo much!

the.wife, Jun 19, 9:24am
Ummm.

beney128, Jun 19, 9:25am
haha Helen, its a pocket rocket ;)

phillip.weston, Jun 19, 9:28am
If your 1300cc Corolla is manual it would give the beemer a decent run for its money. Seriously I didn't find the 318 sedan what I would call quick, I would imagine the heavier wagon would be slower still. The engine is just too underpowered to be carrying a heavy car around.

beney128, Jun 19, 9:31am
my corolla is as old as me though, 24 this year, thats good to know though thanks, might take her for a test drive in the weekend

johnf_456, Jun 19, 10:48am
They are not that quick the old 318. But low profile tyres and having it that close to the guards. I would be worried about it scrapping and rough ride especially when NZTA love putting plot holes in random locations to test drivers reflex reactions!