1971 Holden HG. Hey all was just wondering if you could give me a ball park figure on the value of a 1971 holden hg manual 394 o

Page 1 / 3
tui_marley, Jul 19, 12:00am
Hey all, was just wondering if you could give me a ball park figure on the value of a 1971 Holden HG manual '4 on the floor', front seats are bucket style (I think!) Rego'd and Warranted. Has been in the family for many many years, no visible rust, has recently been restored to original brown exterior with white roof (not that vinyl stuff), interior is all original however does need a few touch ups like small rips in door surrounds etc.
Please excuse my lack of car language, I really don't know exactly what I am talking about with cars!

monaro_xxx, Jul 19, 12:31am
kingswood/premier/belmont! 6 cylinder or V8. too many variables but sight unseen 3-5 grand approx.
(need way more info!)

tui_marley, Jul 19, 12:50am
Kingswood 6 cylinder

mrfxit, Jul 19, 5:29am
LOL well thats another grand on top there.
Engine = 173 /179 /186 /202 !

stevo2, Jul 19, 5:53am
Chuck a couple of photos up, it could be worth up to $10k

rgflav, Jul 19, 6:29am
To me be worth more if the car was standed, three in the tree, great motors 186 in the HG, between 5k and 7k my guess.

lookoutas, Jul 19, 6:45am
The Aussie's had a 4 on the floor with buckets.
A Cockie around here had one. I fixed it back in the 70's, even carefully pulled out the front bumper when the Insurance paid for a new one, and put it on the Monaro I was rebuilding, without needing a rechrome. Amazing what can be done to save a few bucks.

Interesting that it was a Plain-Jane other than the box and buckets - even had plastic'y/rubber floor mats. And the front screen had rounded top corners, the same as a Monaro.

So if it happens to be one of those, hmmm.
You should sell it to me before it explodes.

Edit: and it was a brown 186 HG.
Can't remember the bugga's name! Could drive right to his house tho! Cliff - Cliff!
5 minutes later; Got it!Herrod - or something like that. Pronounced like Hairroid.

stevo2, Jul 19, 7:09am
My first car was a 71 Kingswood wagon 186 3 speed. Wish I had it back.

tui_marley, Jul 19, 9:10am
Its a 186! I know that much :)

gunhand, Jul 19, 9:24am
If thats the car and is as good as it looks its worth quite abit.Good orig ones are very hard to find.How much, well if it were mine i would be putting 8k at the very least.But in the end market dictates the price at the time. Someone would/will want it.

chebry, Jul 19, 9:27am
Kiwi spec Holdens differ from Aussie versions Kingswood here had 186 3 speed tree shift Aussies could option the Opel 4 speed but it was a weak gearbox. You had to buy a Premier to get carpets standard in OZ oh and disc brakes were an option too

ema1, Jul 19, 11:26am
Factory they came with 186 cid plus both 253 cid and 308 cid V8 in Kingswood's and 161cid in the Belmont with options on 186 cid 6, 253 V8 and 308 cid V8
Monaro's went right upto the Chevrolet 350 cid V8 as well as the 186 Cid 6cyl and the 2 Aussie V8's .
202's were1st introduced in the HQ model and are a direct bolt up with odd changes to suit like shorter fan spacer/boss from the HG 186 being swapped out etc.but I'd prefer the 186 cid any day, far nicer.

roys351, Jul 19, 11:41am
if you can keep it do so people arnt buying toys at the moment but they will when spare cash comes around again ya might have to keep it for 3 years but it will proberly be worth twice what you will get for it now as long as its under cover and you aint paying storage

fordkiwi27, Jul 19, 11:47am
what about selling the coupe next to the holden!

roys351, Jul 19, 12:49pm
nice spotting

fryan1962, Jul 19, 1:03pm
The first thing TA said was it is a 4 speed

franc123, Jul 19, 1:05pm
Seen the XW or XY thats parked to the right!Thats even better spotting!

icemans1, Jul 19, 1:41pm
my old man bought a 1969 186 HT kingswood in 1974 - manual column change with bench seats. i remember going to the gas station for the first time and it cost $10 to fill the tank from empty

petermcg, Jul 19, 9:58pm
Mate itsgetting a bit old now the old HG,1970,man I just threw out my old fridge from that era, got a new one now,,,,,. How about I just swap you for it, Ive got a 1990 VN much newer car and more comfortable, more power , better economy etc , How does that sound for a deal.

mrfxit, Jul 20, 12:52am
Here ya go
http://www.uniquecarsandparts.com.au/holden_HG_technical_specifications.htm

Mmmmm yesss the 186ci was a nice motor

Big & strong enough to handle some real HP but small & light enough blockto fit in all sorts of places.

Used to have a warmed up 186 in my 68 Victor & then swapped the motor & box in to an orange Sunbird
Ported high comp head /extractors / mild big bore exhaust /electronic ign/ 5 speed Toyota box.
Smooth torque & economical with a bit of attitude when wanted
Suckered a lot of folks back then when it was in the Victor because it was a stock 1600 4cyl body & a Cng dual fuel kit fitted

darryl, Jul 20, 1:12am
I agree - not many people buying, unless it's cheap. Also too many selling asking ridiculous amounts for older cars. It's getting to be a farce.

kdcentralni, Jul 20, 1:50am
Not the time to sell you might get a genuine $5k offer eventually but worth upwards of $8k that car. Disconnect the battery and put a blanky over her and leave in garage.

lookoutas, Jul 20, 7:06am
That's the exact same colour as the one I worked on a few times, only it didn't have a white roof (then - maybe it could be the same car!)
See the rounded top screen corners!
The Monaro's had that screen, but all the rest had square corners. It was an Aussie import, and I suppose the Kingswood's had rubber mats over there for durability.

tui_marley, Jul 21, 9:17am
I'm pretty sure this one is the same colour as it was originally :)

lookoutas, Jul 21, 10:51pm
Be interesting to know it's history.