1971 Holden HG. Hey all was just wondering if you could give me a ball park figure on the value of a 1971 holden hg manual 394 o

Page 2 / 3
friendly_prawn, Jul 21, 10:56pm
I used to have a real tidy 71 HG ute.
Used it on the beach regularly.Seen it parked up at a house a while back. Went to have a nosey at it. Crawled underneath to have a look.
Virtually no bottom left to it. All rusted out.

petermcg, Jul 22, 3:12am
You forgot the most important motor option out off all of them,, 300HP 327 in the HK Monaro.

petermcg, Jul 22, 3:14am
I thought it was the HK that had the rounded windscreen in 68 then the HT and HG had the other version.

roadkillcafe, Jul 22, 3:15am
I'd love to find a factory v8, 3 speed column manual hg BELMONT like the cops here used to have.

lookoutas, Jul 22, 7:44am
It's an interesting topic - here's an HK
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/80/Holden_Kingswood_HK_Sedan.jpg
And that has square corners. I worked on them all and had never seen any others with the rounded corners, other than Monaro's, and that Aussie one. Just like the pic OP put up.

Edit; Just had a Google, and it seems that the rounded corners were not uncommon in Oz, so we must have had all square ones assembled here.

rickroller, Jul 22, 8:45am
I've got a laminated newspaper article from 1971 showing3 speed 253 Holden HG Belmonts painted in MoT two tone lined up at the Trentham plant awaiting distribution throughout the country. It's a beautiful site. There were 115 commissioned according to the article.

tui_marley, Jul 22, 9:05am
Yes this one was from Australia

murray55, Jul 22, 9:11am
It's already well and truly a farce .check out the classic car and "other"listingshahahah

roadkillcafe, Jul 22, 9:14am
i believe i may have given it to you.at s.c.a mt wellington.!

rickroller, Jul 22, 9:36am
I thought it was you! Yes, that's me. Sadly, I haven't come across a 253 Belmont.

friendly_prawn, Jul 22, 9:42am
I used to own one of them too many years ago. from memory it was a 1973 !HOLDEN BELMONT 253 V8. Only reason I would want one now days would be to on sell and make money out of. Definitely not something I think the average joe would want as a daily driver.

roadkillcafe, Jul 22, 9:43am
good to hear from you mate. Oh man, what i've give for an original (but now suitably faded) paint one of those complete with a few battle scars.

roadkillcafe, Jul 22, 5:58pm
P.s.Rickroller-in case you're confused, i was at my mate's place on her computer when i made my first comment on this thread lol

roadkillcafe, Jul 22, 6:03pm
i'd definitely wanna drive one as a daily driver!-esp if it was manual-i guess that makes me not your average joe!.(seeing as the average joe these days drives something souless, silent, and looking like it was squeezed out of a toothpaste tube, that's something i'd be rather chuffed about.)

friendly_prawn, Jul 22, 11:40pm
fair enough. I guess each to their own.I can still remember the days they were used for stock cars and infill for stop banks.I guess being so scarce these days has made them some what popular.

roadkillcafe, Jul 23, 12:17am
i've liked them consistently since i first saw one as a child. Good looking infill lol.

rickroller, Jul 23, 7:06am
Having actually seen your daily driver (So jealous by the way, makes me want to hurry up and get my wagon running with the column-change 308), I guarantee that you'd definitely drive an HG day-to-day. I can picture it now, faded paint, battle-scars and all.

roadkillcafe, Jul 23, 8:40am
yeehaa!that evokes such a great picture when you put it like that.life's definitely way too short to drive a millimetre more than can practically be avoided in something 'styled' by a combination of the wind tunnel and some tasteless accountant-pleasing apartment enthusiast-especially if it's kept in the kind of pristine condition that makes it look like it's scared of work and that someone actually gives a damn about it's long (or even mid) term future (why would ya when the people who designed, styled, and built it weren't even slightly passionate about it!) Right.i feel better now.lol.So is your wagon gonna be auto or manual!

snoopy221, Jul 23, 9:06am
I'd put 8k start 10k buy now on that MINIMUM

roadkillcafe, Jul 23, 9:34am
classic! Great kiwi type story that.Hey what does 'twin slip' mean (i've never heard the term before)

friendly_prawn, Jul 23, 10:25am
Funny enough I had one of them too.
from memory and my memory is faded, an HR stationwagon. But it definitely had the 2 stage powerglide.
I have had more Holdens than some people have had hot cups of teas.
Come close to dying in a couple of them. *crashes* Got very lucky both times.Wont go in to that here though.

friendly_prawn, Jul 23, 10:31am
Used to have air vents on the side of the dash on the HQs that always used to continuously let cold air in to the cab was something i really found annoying with the old HQs.

friendly_prawn, Jul 23, 10:33am
aha yes that will be why it really stood out. Probably the only pre HQ Holden that auto I had. I didnt realise all auto's pre HQ were powerglide though. interesting. No hold up, sure I had an HT that was an auto.
Grrr, stupid memory lol
All this trying to remember making my head hurt. Hmm, think I better go hit the scratcher. night night all.

friendly_prawn, Jul 23, 10:40am
cheers skin. it will be interesting. Im sure I had a 3 stage HT.
But as I said, my memory is very faded.
actualy to be honest my memory sucks big time. Half the time I cant remember what i did yesterday.

friendly_prawn, Jul 23, 10:47am
I was wrong. check out last sentence.

161-cubic-inch (2.6-litre) and 186-cubic-inch (3.0-litre) six-cylinder engines were carried over from the HK range.[4] Australian manufactured 253-cubic-inch (4.2-litre) and 308-cubic-inch (5.0-litre) V8 engines were new, replacing the imported 307-cubic-inch (5.0-litre) V8.[4] Initially the 308 was only fitted to the Brougham, and existing stocks of the imported 307 were used in other models.[4] Once these supplies were exhausted, the 308 V8 was made available as an option across the HT range.[4] The 327-cubic-inch (5.3-litre) Chevrolet V8 that had powered the HK Monaro GTS 327 was replaced by a 350-cubic-inch (5.8-litre) Chevrolet V8 in the newly introduced HT Monaro GTS 350 model. Three-speed manual, four-speed manual and two-speed ???Powerglide??? automatic transmissions were offered

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holden_HT