1971 Holden HG. Hey all was just wondering if you could give me a ball park figure on the value of a 1971 holden hg manual 394 o

Page 3 / 3
friendly_prawn, Jul 23, 10:50am
Actually I could have been right. could have been a transplant.

roadkillcafe, Jul 23, 11:33am
Oh right, powerglide-my mate used to love 'em, he called trimatics "traumatics" and reckoned they were "getting there.getting there.gone" and that powerglides were "warpdrive.hyperspace&q-
uot;it takes all sorts, huh!

c_h_l, Jul 25, 10:49am
HG saw the introduction of the trimatic box . GMH was under constant pressure to up the local content in the cars , hence the importance of this gearbox , the 253/308 v8s & the locally built m20 4speed which replaced the Opal box around this time.
There were a run of 186 4sp hg prems built for the NZ market, come across one every so often.
Easiest way to tell if your car is Aust or NZ assembled is the engine bay. Aussie black, NZ same colour as the car.

roadkillcafe, Jul 25, 11:01am
Excellent info, cheers, please let me know on one of my auctions if your keen eye ever notices a factory column manual 8 cylinder hg belmont (alas, i fear its a bit late in the piece though)-do you happen to know if there were many of that very description made in australia!

rickroller, Jul 26, 5:51am
Also, Aussie assembled cars had fibreglass heater boxes. New Zealand new were steel.

rickroller, Jul 26, 5:58am
Three on the tree manual.

c_h_l, Jul 26, 8:29am
Bout 20 years ago had my heart set on one, saw one at "Runners" [remember them ! } white with blue painted roof, rotten floor but ran like a watch, $2500 . Then fixated on a green hg Kingy tan interior 253 manual one owner 70 miles in Paeroa $4500. umed & ahed & missed out !
Finally bought a HT prem 186s ,3 on the tree, 3.55 lsd, factory buckets and seat separator, factory monaro dash, but drum brakes all round , which I still own today .