3 CYLINDER CAR THERMOSTAT 65 BUX .WTF!

Page 2 / 2
dylandylandylan, Aug 5, 8:47pm
Catalogues at supercheap are old and out-dated half the time, don't even have older cars like the 3cyl alto's in them lol pays to do your own research and find it yourself.

thejazzpianoma, Aug 5, 8:57pm
Ahhh that explains it. Ripco, and you are quite right its only available as one unit.

Ripco are just absurd with anything they think you might not be able to get elsewhere easily. I think I mentioned on here a couple of times before how they try and get $960 for a MAF sensor for a Vectra. Even "trade" they want $800.

Genuine ones are about NZ $100 over the shelf in other countries. Given they won't be paying even that for them their profit margin has to be something like 1500%.

I avoid them on principle now, trouble is its hard to sometimes.

scoobeey, Aug 6, 12:07am
well sell the car . you obviously cant afford to maintain it!:) and proplr make mistakes. take a chill pill and relax:)))

srrolla76, Aug 6, 12:17am
thats supercheap for you. i NEVER go there for parts like that. i sometimes do for simple things, carwash, tarps etc but never to get parts, stick with repco, they are more helpfull and have better parts system on there computers. supercheap employees never know jack shhht about cars.

xs1100, Aug 6, 5:24am
+1 couldn tsay it better,i didnt even think super cheap had staff to look stuff up when ever i have had to resort to them its pretty much "theres the catalouge fill ya boots"

richardmayes, Aug 6, 10:18am
If it's just a buckled-up piece of tin, why don't you make one yourself!

(As it's an unusually small car engine, I wonder if the thermostat is one normally used on a water-cooled bike, or something silly like that!)

1coppertone, Aug 6, 7:20pm
LOL at the WTF

budgel, Aug 6, 9:24pm
I live just down the road from parts suppliers and if I possibly can, I take the part in with me. I sure as hell would if I lived 42K away!

I had a problem with the listed part I wanted last weekend.
It turned out that whoever first imported the car had listed the model incorrectly. If i didnt have the part in my hand to compare, I would have had been sold the wrong bit.

kiwi_fisherman, Aug 27, 8:06am
Nearly summer anyway. Just leave the thermostat out. Only a Dinky engine. Won't take long to warm up

flashgordon_nz, Aug 27, 8:35am
640+ gst for the thermostat for my truck, $400 for the one for my ute. bith genuine, both not available aftermarket. - feel better! LOL
But on a serious note, have you tried toyota/daihatsu for a price on a genuine one!

modie61, Aug 27, 8:41am
Might have had a wee bump on the head from a motorbike accident !

Just joking.

elect70, Aug 28, 3:38am
Them the breaksbudmay have wrong label on the box . Maybe thechinese robot had amalfunction that day

vjregal770, Aug 28, 7:46pm
My lasting memory of Repco is asking for a fanbelt for my 265 Valiant only to be asked:

"Is that a Ford or Holden!"

Stick to your Civics, Mohammed.

markthesparky, Aug 28, 8:06pm
me too , i braguht a 150 wet and dry vaccum cleaner, sucked up a sock $ it imploded on me, took it to my nearst repco store 20 k's away, got told to take it back to the store i got it from another 30 k's away,they told me $65 for a new stainless steel drum. took it to macauly's & they told me it isn't stainless steel at all because a magnet sticks to it.
Thats not all ages ago me & a mate were changeing oil in his 74 civic & repco cold us the wrong filter, we didn't have a oilfilter wrench, so we stabbed a screwdriver through the old 1 to twist it off. then found out the new 1 didn't fit, rang repco and they sain it's been opened- no refund got 40 mins to get back there and buy another 1 so not do anything on sunday. tried putting a rubber glove over the old filter to drive back to repco started motor and sprayed oil all over his mums garage

sez_trading, Aug 29, 8:31am
Far out never laugh so much in my life. well done.