Mazda Atenza, Yes or No?

Page 2 / 2
vtecintegra, Jul 28, 1:57am
Do you want an auto or a manual!

edangus, Jul 28, 1:57am
Vtec is right though, the Accord Euro is much nicer all around than the Accord.

My list of the choices offered
Accord Euro
Mazda6 / Atenza
Accord
Camry
Mondeo

sunny_daze, Jul 28, 1:58am
Auto

sunny_daze, Jul 28, 2:00am
Thanks. I must be getting better at this all of those except the mondeo are on my list. Thats only because I have been told Fords and Holdens cost more for parts.

richardmayes, Jul 28, 2:55am
Yes.
Mazda 6 is a lovely car. I was surprised to learn on this thread that they are related to the Mondeo, the driving "feel" seems quite different to me.

Try to get a 2.3 litre rather than a 2 litre.

Also, take a look at a Honda Euro Accord before you buy a Mazda 6!

phillip.weston, Jul 28, 3:10am
The first gen Mazda6/Atenza was just an evolution of the out-going Capella chassis, while the same era MkIII Mondeo was an evolution of the outgoing MkII Mondeo chassis which was basically the same as the MkI Mondeo dating back to 1993. The current shape Mazda6 and the MkIV Mondeo do share a common platform, but each car has further developed it to make it their own. The engines used in the MkIII Mondeo were essentially the same as the Mazda6 2.0 engine, and I believe 2005 onwards MkIII Mondeos used the Mazda transmission instead of their own aging 4 speeder. I am not sure how the engines/drivetrains are related between the current Mazda6 and the MkIV Mondeo, but I know that the diesels are at least different with Mazda using their R2 and Ford using the PSA derived diesel. The EcoBoost 2.0 is definitely their own engine.

bignzer1, Jul 28, 3:37am
Honda Accord Euro 2.4ltr, would be my pick. I have driven the others and bought a Honda Accord about a year ago. I like the Madza 6, but liked the feel of the accord more. Good luck

albid, Jul 28, 7:09am
The only thing i don't really like about the Accord Euro is the interior. Nice cars and i would go for one if it wasn't for the interior as stated, the Atenza just has a nicer look on the inside. Half leather seats on the non Z editions would be nice as well but you can't have everything :)

albid, Jul 30, 5:06am
Did you see an 09 at a caryard! If so which one!

gunhand, Jul 30, 5:14am
I think you may be surprised at how cheap "some" Ford and Holden parts are.
Price a Honda Euro front light unit new.