Whats the worst car youve ever had,

Page 2 / 4
nichen, Jul 26, 8:45am
58 Morris 1000 .When someone dropped a smoke on the back seat that was made of horse hair and went up in flames at the lights

splinter67, Jul 26, 8:57am
Not quite a car but a Yamaha 750 special (no I didn't hit the wrong key it was a triple shaft drive) Had it two days got stolen the idiot dropped it wipped out the side cver on the engine had to wait for the covers to be sent from Japan at the time back in the 80s they waited for the container to be full before they sent it only 5 months later the parts arrived got it back three days later the gearbox went poo traded it that day

mothergoose_nz, Jul 26, 9:00am
vauxhall vivav.had one when i first got married. go over a little puddle and water splashes up and thats the mototr. further down the track mil surprised us with a. another vauxhall viva. for us. i was farmiing and needed a reliable car

modie61, Jul 26, 9:02am
1984 Corolla liftback auto. Jap Import, Worst and slowest car ever owned,could walk faster,stunk like BO,all Corollas smell the same,and burn oil.Ha.

chip8, Jul 26, 9:14am

scoobeey, Jul 26, 9:24am
lada samara biggest piece of shite ever owned. someone actually paid me for it haha

mongolia1, Jul 26, 9:32am
Wife's VW Polo - spent more time off the road than on.50,000km and it virtually disintegrated - electrics, trim, airbag clock spring, gearbox, water pump, clear coat peeled - absolute piece of crap.

nzfatie, Jul 26, 9:39am
Bet you wished you'd kept it now.since those Goldstein ASB ads they're worth a fortune.was one for sale on here for $7000 recently!

ladatrouble, Jul 26, 9:41am
Peugeot 404 Coupe.

franc123, Jul 26, 9:57am
early 80's Accord, it was a smooth, economical and user friendly thing but man were the bodies badly made back then, both in lightness and rustproofing. I had Mini's at around the same time and it seemed that there was a similar amount of kilos of steel in them.It developed a rust hole in the firewall that piddled water all over the pedal box area that got covered with a piece cut out of a coffee tin lid and a liberal application of ados f2,(didn't know how to MIG back then!) It even started rusting across the TOP of the doors, couldn't believe it. Even the bonnet warped slightly due to engine and radiatorheat. Car was only 12yo. Off to turners.

holden311, Jul 26, 10:01am
Subaru Legacy station wagon, ended up replacing all the running gear, a bit at a time, and she had it less than a year, dam happy when it got sold.

flybye_in_a_rx7, Jul 26, 10:04am
not a car, but i've had about 4 different 2 stroke motorbikes and they have ALL crapped out on me, needed new piston & rings. one broke on the 2 and a half hour trip home! took me a while to learn my lesson though

bignzer1, Jul 26, 10:04am
Bright yellow 1978 Hillman Hunter S/W, engine rebuild 3 times in a four year time frame.Should have got rid of it earlier but was young and broke lol.

franc123, Jul 26, 10:09am
That would have to be an april fools joke surely, motorcorp couldn't shift them for that much brand new. They greatly accelerated Leylands demise those things.

stevexc, Jul 26, 10:40am
My RAV4 no doubt.

Never had problems with it apart from needing new rear shocks, but the road noise is deafening and the seats are uncomfortable.

It's so bad I don't know how anyone puts up with them.I'd added sound proofing and highway tyres and while better than before, it's still shit.

I really should just get rid of it and buy a proper car.

ontwowheels, Jul 26, 2:14pm
my old VL commodore had over 500 000kms on it and still going strong when i sold it. as far as i know it was the original engine.

ontwowheels, Jul 26, 2:15pm
worst car - 1800 auto mazda capella 95. gutless. thirsty, and then started to cost a tonne in maintanance.

scarey65, Jul 26, 6:54pm
the owner would give you 7oook to take it away

bmc460, Jul 26, 7:35pm
leyland should never have gone into car and tractors,should have stuck to trucks,pack of idots they were.

sifty, Jul 26, 8:17pm
I'm fond of every car I've had. Only breakdown was the HQ stripping its timing gears on the old coach road, about a month after a mates one did the same on the crown range.

Had a 180B that went a bit wonky too but that was after a mate crashed it into a ditch pissed. Every other car I have enjoyed.

tmenz, Jul 26, 8:46pm
Wolseley 1300 automatic.

splinter67, Jul 26, 8:51pm
The trucks werent that good either

kcf, Jul 26, 8:57pm
Ditto.

The only time the warning lights went off was when you unplugged the sensors.Sunroof leaked.Interior pastics broke weekly.When you drove through a puddle the car would stop dead for five minutes.

petal_91, Jul 26, 9:07pm
Most of these "worst" cars sound like old bombs that had been poorly maintained and thrashed by their old owners, so were probably looking to fail anyway. Has anyone bought a new car say from 1990 onward that was really a worst car and broke down all the time, assuming you did not thrash it to bits that is!

sifty, Jul 26, 9:12pm
Yeah good point, the only annoyances I've had from cars is when things needed a little TLC to correct.

Also a bit unfair comparing cars from the 50's - 60's to todays models, of course they aren't going to steer/stop/perform as well as they do now, and may suffer from wind noise, etc. If you take into account the times they were built, I still have a ball driving old cars, you just have to be realistic about their foibles.