Whats the worst car youve ever had,

Page 3 / 4
thejazzpianoma, Jul 26, 9:12pm
While I agree with what you are saying my fairly new (at the time) Mitsubishi Mirage was pretty poo. It was a big letdown after my two NZ new 80's models I had previously.

splinter67, Jul 26, 9:15pm
So thats why you dont like Jappas you had a mirage that would put anyone off lol

rustihammer, Jul 26, 9:15pm
I have never owned an inherently "bad" car - they have all had their charms and quirks. probably my most troublesome was a 62 minor that decided to crap out it's internals over the pahiatua track. I manged to coax the old girl home. but that was the last gasp of life she had. That was on top of the old stop and whack the fuel pump trick about once every 1000 meters.

next-to-normal, Jul 26, 9:17pm
triumph 2500

robotnik, Jul 26, 9:40pm
But then he bought a fiat and got better reliability out of that!

johnf_456, Jul 26, 9:42pm
A 70's Toyota croda, I named it that because it was a total rust bucket. It was one of the ones affected by Toyota not prepping the metal prior to painting.

splinter67, Jul 26, 9:53pm
Now thats a good Tui add lol

doctor_evil99, Jul 26, 9:58pm
Peugeot 407 - owning it is like having a mistress, she was beautiful, great to look at, ride well but boys she got personality and super unreliable. and it did cost me a fortune at the end.

gadgit3, Jul 26, 10:01pm
Fiat Uno rusty POS. Thermostat craped out and cost arms and legs. Used oil like it was petrol. Eletcrical issues were non stop.

27rose27, Jul 26, 10:21pm
Hillman Imp- without a doubt the worst, kept doing the head, had to carry a flagon of water everywhere!

footplate1, Jul 26, 10:23pm
Austin A 40 of indeterminate age, back in the 60s.And a 1972 Oldsmobile Cutlass, in the 70s.
Bought a new BMW 525i in the mid-80s and it had 14 faults in the first year.However, I survived a down-bank slide on wet oil, so safety was one of its good features.

familiadude, Jul 26, 10:24pm
had the same thing with a 98 2ltr one fixed it then sold it while it was working :)

bmc460, Jul 27, 12:38am
well they went and built that headless motor useless thingwhen they had a good 680 that daf took and developed further now look at daf. still building trucks, anyway my worst car was a mazda 929L . had it for 8 months and it kept blowing head gaskets and the b1600 was no better.never buy mazda again.nissans never let me down yet.

nzdoug, Jul 27, 2:24am
66 3.8 S Jag in Canada circa 1970.
Dissolved.

elect70, Jul 27, 2:54am
Vl commie 3L4cam senors & always went bungwhilemiles from home, then thecracked oil/watercam gallery ,theplasticchomehedlights that would get WOF. The only thing that didntneedreplacingwas the trans.Bought it new & serviced by the book .

murray55, Jul 27, 7:19am
Yeah usual story .advertise for some ungodly sum hoping some mug will buy for fraction of the price then think they have bagged the bargain of the century !

extrayda, Jul 27, 7:30am
Worst car reliability wise would have been my 1986 Mitsubishi Sigma.Motor blew up, trans failed (common 'feature' for those Sigma's, other stuff went wrong). Got rid of it via Turners and took a big loss.It did have some pretty cool features though, air con, cruise control, auto parking windscreen wipers etc etc.Was also incredibly s.l.o.w, I replace it with a 1300cc Toyota Corolla, which was quicker AND faster. (also boring though).

NB Sigma was NZ New, and had plenty of service history.I also looked after it.

mileyfan73, Jul 27, 7:37am
85 vk commodore wagon.Always took twenty times to start it.by then your thumb and first finger would have cramp and skin starting to peel off by the time it's thirsty POS blue top 1.9 ltr would fire up.Changed battery,distributor,fuel pump!filter,plugs,$600 later still a POS.THe green interior wasn't all that appealing either!87 Camira I had wasn't much better!

extrayda, Jul 27, 7:38am
haha I had a green + green 1900cc Commodore wagon too.Mine was actually quite well behaved, and needed very little doing to it while I had it.Was slightly underpowered (ok, often passed by pedestrains ;-)

mileyfan73, Jul 27, 7:40am
Strange.Owned five of them,and four V3000's.None ever let me down,even with over 300.000 ks on them.

chris.f, Jul 27, 11:05am
90's era Alfa 33 - throttle pedal mounted so high you had to drive with your foot off the floor all the time (unless you had clown feet). Pedals so close together you could almost operate them all simultaneously. Had electrical problems where it would completely die every time you turned the wheel sharply at slow speeds, like going in and out of driveways.

Looked nice and shiny in red though sitting in the drive where it spent most of its time.

2-yz-4-u, Jul 27, 12:41pm
V6 terrano. auto blew twice in 6 months

cuda.340, Jul 27, 8:36pm
Alfa Romeo GTV, constant fight with everything electrical, i bought my first bus pass when i owned that POS, closely followed by it's replacement, the Fiat Brava, gremlins lived inside this car big time. never owned a Euro car since n never will. Even the Peugoet 304 rentalcar i had on my European holiday died driving the Autobahn. Hate to say it but buy Jap.

pebbles61, Jul 28, 1:48am
The worst car I drive from time to time is a relative's '98 VW Polo. Horrible little thing with bits breaking all the time. Also it's auto *ewwww*

pebbles61, Jul 28, 1:50am
Awww, I really want an Austin Princess! =[