Question about buying a car with finance

Page 2 / 2
kazbanz, Jul 26, 1:21am
RC-THAT is not acceptable. thesecurity should be release there and then=2 weeks is bullpucky>

elect70, Jul 26, 2:12am
Ask for the name of finance company & whats owing .Pay themwhats owing & getnotice ofremoval of security , & the rest to her . If she doesnt pay themtheycould repo the car .Not worth the risk .

kazbanz, Jul 26, 2:39am
SORRY RC--imon a laptop--not for a second doubting your word -the bullpucky bit is that it takes 2 weeks to do what I KNOW takes a couple of minutes to do. tHAT is laziness within the financier

rovercitroen, Jul 26, 3:30am
Yeah. I don't know why it took that long. It was through BMW finance.

jandr12, Jul 26, 9:06am
what's the story with it taking so long to release and what impact does it have on me!

jandr12, Jul 26, 9:07am
we have spoken and i am paying the finance company directly and the rest to her so it is all good & sorted :) 2 happy people! appreciate the advice here guys

supernova2, Jul 26, 10:19am
I just hope that the car was worth all this effort.I'd have run away right at the start as i find people who what to do "funny" deals are usually untrustworthy.

jandr12, Jul 26, 10:21am
definitely worth it. I think she just wasn't sure how to go about the finance part, I wasn't sure either.

laurie9, Jul 26, 10:33am
Do a proper check on the car on Motor Web to make sure there are no other securities registered against the vehicle,and to also make sure that the finance company releases their scurity that they will hold over the vehicle at present.
I used to work in the industry so I know what I'm talking about, Good luck with it, this will be a great learning exercise for you.

jandr12, Jul 26, 11:06am
thanks, i looked up the car on carjam and paid for the report so I could see it's just 1 finance company. I have a statement and have spoken to them so will pay directly and the security is taken off after 5 working days (do you know if this has any impact on me or not really!)

bashfulbro, Jul 26, 7:42pm
Don`t be stupid,if she doesn`t pay the dealer off, you will get the car reposessed

crosis_nz, Jul 26, 9:17pm
Is it that good a car for all this hassle! Look in here or on car lots and there are thousands of cars available in that price range. I would imagine with cash you could get a great deal too.

kazbanz, Jul 26, 10:41pm
before posting best you actuaaly???read the thread aye!
OP that was always the possibility. -two genuine folk just not knowing how the system??? works ^ still better saf???than sorry

elect70, Jul 27, 3:30am
I bought a car off a dealer once,Took him a 2months to get the papers, evidently under finance when he bought itbut hadntpaid finance company off . Took threat of legal action to get them .

jandr12, Jul 27, 6:05am
It wasn't really a hassle I don't know why people here suggest I should find another car, I just bought a nz new 1.5 year old car with remaining new car warranty 18,000kms for $15k. very happy and a great deal. sorting out the finance was no biggie in the big scheme of things today I paid her finance company and got confirmation security will be released next week & the rest to her - 2 happy people here :)

gunhand, Jul 27, 6:29am
Easy a.People want to on sell for many reasons when there car is still financed, not everyone is dodgy, but should be treated as so untill proved otherwise. Of course it can be done nicely.

jandr12, Jul 27, 6:39am
yes she seemed trustworthy and she was. she just didn't understand how to do it, neither of us did :) very pleased!