2008 Holden omega or Toyota Aurion 2008

megan23, Jul 20, 7:15am
What would be the better buy
2008 Holden omega or Toyota Aurion Sportivo 2008
What would be the best on fuel

grangies, Jul 20, 7:32am
I guess fuel will be much the same as each other. The Toyota may be a little less if you are an aggressive driver.

As for overall build quality, the Toyota wins hands down. Forget all the bogan Aussie Ford and Holden fan nonsense, about the Aussie cars being the best.

timmo1, Jul 20, 8:13am
Depends what you want from it really.Fuel use is about the same.

mjbee., Jul 20, 8:22am
toyota for sure

trdbzr, Jul 20, 8:37am
If its Omega vs Aurion, then the Aurion wins hand down. If you are looking at something like a SV6 or Calais etc then it would be a bit more close. But still the Aurion is a better car, based on reviews. Have you considered a FG G6/G6E/XR6 as well!

smac, Jul 20, 8:56am
Except that regardless of what it's being compared to, most reviews completely pan the handling, the power delivery, the fact's it's FWD only.other than that it's great. Personally I'd say if you like the style, save some dosh and get a sportivo.

serf407, Jul 20, 11:43am
Thread poster you do not state how you will the car.
The omegahas the balloon tyres which might cope with potholes better than the Toyota.
A country pack omega with a sump guard would be preferable if the vehicle is used in out of the way places.
The toyota had a u660e gearbox, toyota now has about 15 percent of the Aus large car market and hope to build on this.

megan23, Jul 20, 10:42pm
What would be the better one on fuel

evotime, Jul 20, 11:54pm
Mine does about 500 -550km per tank around town, I dont know how much in litres about $120 to fill with 95 thats all short trips. on the open road it drasticly improves its economy by alot.
It is not noticibly more expensive than any other vehicle I've had.
I'm 6'5 and found as soon as i started drtiving it my sore back got better from not being crunched up.(your 6'6husband will love it)

smac, Jul 21, 1:16am
Your.what!

thejazzpianoma, Jul 21, 1:31am
Both are poor choices for economy.

evotime, Jul 21, 1:36am
Whoops. Omega

db.price, Jul 21, 4:01am
Yeah I would look at the Toyota - build quality is much better on the Toyota and the Omega is a really budget car compared to it

noelsgimps, Jul 22, 5:58am
Toyota and the VE's of that age have weak timing chains, say $3000 to repair.

gtrnut, Jul 23, 7:25am
iv'e been working at Toyota for over 6 years now & iv'e never heard of a chain going on a an Aurion-i had one come in the other day come in on 180,000km's -always been only serviced

megan23, Jul 23, 10:27am
That sounds good at 180000 km

trdbzr, Jul 24, 4:57am
The Toyota didn't have that issue. Only the pre-2008 VE had that issue, and Holden fixed it from 2008 onwards by putting in a 9mm timing chain.