Is this any good Toyota Aurion Sportivo 2009 3.6

Page 1 / 3
megan23, Feb 20, 8:29am
For a family car .what would it be like on gas etc

thejazzpianoma, Feb 20, 8:43am
Fuel economy is not great on those (although not terrible either) but that's not what I would be worrying about, depreciation is potentially a MUCH more significant factor with those. If you can get one on a real bargain you might be O.K but some dealers are wanting fairly absurd money for them (like more than 25K), I could easily see someone losing 10K or more in a couple of years on one if they buy wrong.

Aside from that, fairly average car. I would suggest you compare it to the VW Passat of similar age. The Passat in the higher output 2.0 Diesel form will give you superb performance and low maintenance but almost half the running costs.

incar., Feb 20, 8:52am
awesome cars, fuel economy is good, my friend just purchased a top of the line 09 model, i will be buying on myself after hiring one in australia last year. expect to pay around $18-25k depending on options

thejazzpianoma, Feb 20, 8:53am
I should add, in fairness the Aurion is miles ahead efficiency wise than the older Camry's. Expect better economy than the absurdly thirsty old 2.2 4 Cylinder with performance that will leave it in the dust.

So if that's the sort of thing you are coming from you will likely think its the bees knees.

megan23, Feb 20, 8:59am
We been looking at the aurion an a vw passat 3.2 v6 2007
Don't know what one to buy

incar., Feb 20, 9:00am
the only down fall if it happens is at the moment there is issues with panel suppliers in australia, some change overs are happening there with toyota but should be sorted soon, all Aurion panels etc come from Australia

thejazzpianoma, Feb 20, 9:03am
If you are concerned about the running costs get a 2.0 Diesel Passat instead. What you are probably not realising is that the Diesel (so long as its the 125kw version) is actually going to be fairly similar performance wise.

Sure the 3.2 Passat and 3.5 Aurion will have a bit of an edge, but not that much, certainly not enough to justify nearly twice the running costs. Depreciation on the Diesel if bought right will tend to be very mild too.

What this translates to is potentially being 10K or so better off after owning it for a few years, that's some serious coin!

Even aside form the Petrol/Diesel thing it would always be the Passat for me. They are not a local rehash (as pointed out above with the panel supplies etc) and they really are at the very forefront in terms of technology and features for the price. Lots of cheap parts available, and will be for a long time to come.

incar., Feb 20, 9:04am
Aurion all day long, jack the Passat up and I can almost guarantee you there will be oil leaks, if not convincedplug a scanner into it then run for miles, they have awesome power but not a ideal vehicle to own in kiwi land

tgray, Feb 20, 9:07am

incar., Feb 20, 9:15am
Classic! hope the Op and the other poster actually read what everyone else is saying instead of being brain washed by crap

thejazzpianoma, Feb 20, 9:20am
Trolls have started.
The funny thing is fleet buyers in the U.K actually seek out the Passat because of its great reliability. I won't bother arguing any more over it. OP, I suggest you do some searches for the two names above and read some of their contributions to this board before taking their advice on what is a VERY expensive purchase.

tgray, Feb 20, 9:31am
I simply googled 'Passat reliability' and 'Aurion reliability' and posted the first link I found of each. I didn't offer my personal opinion on either, so must presume the 'trolls' you mention refers to the owners ratings and feedback.

tgray, Feb 20, 9:33am
I 100% agree with your advice in this post and that is exactly what I suggest.

lazzo, Feb 20, 11:00am
I'm not much a fan of either Aurion or Passat, but if I had to spend my hard earned cash on one of these two, I would be looking at the Toyota Aurion without question.

clark20, Feb 20, 11:05am
Buy the Toyota, they don't cost much to run and will be an easy sell afterwards. They are a nice, if boring car. Over 200kw go well to.

incar., Feb 20, 11:30am
the SX6 with the2GR-FE 3.5 litre V6 powerplant is from the Lexus, for those that need reminding
http://smh.drive.com.au/motor-news/the-most-dependable-cars-20130214-2ee48.html

msigg, Feb 20, 6:12pm
Yea the Aurion is a superb car, do the fluids change and can't go wrong.One of the best cars on the road.

smac, Feb 20, 7:22pm
I looked at the Aurion.just couldn't justify the price premium over the equivalent of almost any other brand. Unless you MUST have a wagon, it doesn't even stack up against something like a Falcon.

incar., Feb 20, 7:51pm
whats lacking compared to the falcon of the same year!

smac, Feb 20, 7:56pm
It's not what's lacking, it's the price. I liked the car, but as I said it just couldn't justify the price.

incar., Feb 20, 8:04pm
Fair enough

kazbanz, Feb 20, 8:09pm
If you can't stretch to an aurion try the Mark X

megan23, Feb 21, 7:48am
Falcon would use more gas !

smac, Feb 21, 8:07am
Debatable.

eke690, Feb 21, 8:10am
Why would you buy an aurion when you can get a GS300! Far better looking car.