Audi allroad

ny, Jul 22, 2:35am
are these any good! We have loads of kids, so want a 7 or 8 seater, and LOVE Audi. Are they safe enough having 2 rear facing seats! Good on fuel etc! I am pretty car naive. THanks

tandj3, Jul 22, 2:44am
Audi, best car you can buy -in my opinion!

ny, Jul 22, 2:44am
Thanks! I REALLLY want a Q7 - but that is waiting for the lotto win

dyln.sampson, Jul 22, 3:07am
very good cars the allroad. except for the suspension. I drove a Q7 4.2 Turbo diesel for 11months and i gotta say one of the best SUV's ever! id say if it were down to picking a audi. save for a q7.

00quattro00, Jul 22, 7:56am
The air suspension gives problems, which engine do you want! Do you need to go off road in it because if you dont just get an a6 wagon which is basicaly the same as the allroad minus the air suspension.

ny, Jul 22, 8:24am
Really 00quattro00! I like the look of them, and the fact that they have the 7 seats. Wont be going off road anytime soon (left the farm last year) and this townie way of life again is okay. Thanks!

00quattro00, Jul 23, 7:54am
The a6 also has 7 seats, I personaly find the plastic arches and bumpers ugly, I would avoid the 2.7 twin turbo v6 as it can be expensive to work on, if the turbos need replacing its an engine out job, the 2.4 v6 is quite gutless for a car that size, the 2.8 v6 goes well and is very reliable, the 2.5 v6 tdi make good power and economy, just make sure it has been serviced as they have been known to eat their camshafts, and then theres the 4.2l v8, this would be my pick as it makes good power and is realy fuel effecient and doesnt use that much more than the 2.8 and the same as the 2.7tt.

Go and check one out as the rear seats are quite small

maddog007, Jul 23, 8:06am
those old allroads are pretty old now, can be expensive to maintain, the new shape allroad 3.0tdi , is one of the worlds best cars.

carkitter, Jul 23, 9:15am
Don't pay too much as Allroads are hard to sell; they sit around at Audi dealers longer than other models.
Clearly you haven't driven an S6 Avant with sports exhaust. Unspeakably good! ;-)

maddog007, Jul 23, 10:18am
ive driven every Audi made in the last 10 years, but as a complete balance between versatility, performance & comfort, the the 3.0 tdi allroad is hard to fault, probably only bettered by the 4.2 tdi & v12 tdi Q7,