Suzuki Swift Sport. Anyone had experience with these any known problems are they any good

Page 2 / 5
thejazzpianoma, Jul 21, 8:08am
As mentioned the Suzuki CVT's are one that I don't have direct experience with from a maintenance/failure standpoint. That said, if I were in your shoes I would definitely be servicing the transmission at those km's if you havn't already (regardless of whether Suzuki say it needs doing or not).

If the transmission does not have a removable oil filter on it that you change every service I would personally not feel confident with it.

Again speaking in general, if it has a filter and you maintain it well it should likely last O.K.

CVT is a great concept, unfortunately its often let down by bad design and/or lack of maintenance.

vtecintegra, Jul 21, 8:09am
77 TSI is $31,500

But yeah performance isn't up to Swift Sport standards

countrypete, Jul 21, 8:10am
The 2005 Swift Sport is not CVT

thejazzpianoma, Jul 21, 8:11am
A spoken like someone without a clue.
The "Dodgy" DSG transmission is the most popular automated transmission in the world. Its also about the most efficient and exceptionally reliable.

Despite the haters having nearly 10 years to find one we are yet to have even one person with a DSG failure appear first hand on these messageboards even!

The best people can do is come up with a short run of problem units that Coke bought. yet they were happy enough to buy another round of VW's after that experience.

To try and knock the DSG is just silly.

mlh19658, Jul 21, 8:11am
For God's sake, Jazz. WHAT YEAR of manufacture! Which older model are you referring to! Like pulling teeth to get a straight answer.

vtecintegra, Jul 21, 8:12am
By what metric!

countrypete, Jul 21, 8:13am
Because of constant problems with the DSG, VW have had to extend the warranty in some markets to combat poor customer perception.I'll find the link to the article I read.

thejazzpianoma, Jul 21, 8:15am
With regard to CVT, that advice goes for any CVT, any manufacturer, any year.

With regard to the rest of the swift, I am mostly dumping on the previous model, all years, especially regular auto ones with the smaller engines.

With the new Swift I am more just lackluster about and finding it lacking in the value, technology and ride quality departments.

countrypete, Jul 21, 8:15am

thejazzpianoma, Jul 21, 8:16am
Oh Yawn. and Yawn some more.
How many dozens of times does it have to be pointed out.

THIS WAS NOT A TRANSMISSION FAULT IN THE END!

The problem was a useless hick country garage that miss diagnosed and just quoted an absurd price to replace an entire transmission because they really didn't know what to do.

savanna71, Jul 21, 8:16am
Jazz doesnt like the truth getting in the way of his propaganda

mlh19658, Jul 21, 8:18am
Doesn't answer questions either.

countrypete, Jul 21, 8:19am
I actually like the Polo, and the Golf is a great car.But they are expensive to own with eye-watering depreciation, and there are far better alternatives in NZ's market.

thejazzpianoma, Jul 21, 8:20am
That article says VW are so confident in their transmissions that they have upped their warranty to 10 years or 160'000km.

Whats your issue!

Any other manufacturer you know have that much confidence in their product!

Every time its the same with you, the same tired old nonsense time and again. I have posted in past many times statistics showing the DSG is more reliable than even Toyota's rubbish old 4 speed slushbox whos only claim to fame was to be the epitomy of reliability.

thejazzpianoma, Jul 21, 8:21am
Rubbish, the warranty is great, service intervals are incredibly long, service costs are very low and depreciation is not particularly bad.

Suzuki Swifts have traditionally had very very low depreciation but thats their only good point (and only if you buy new) and that depends on fashion more than anything for it to continue.

Go and look up some 4 year old Polo's and Swifts on TM and see the pricing for yourself. All you do is regurgitate tired old wives tales and incorrect assumptions. That is of course when you are not desperately scouring the web for anything that might back your point of view.

countrypete, Jul 21, 8:24am
Here's the issue.???Volkswagen regrets that the DQ200 (seven-speed) gearboxes have inconvenienced some of our Chinese consumers and pledges to take such complaints very seriously and make every effort to satisfy Chinese customers,??? the (VW) company said.But some car owners have complained online and at the dealerships about problems ??

berg, Jul 21, 8:25am
Have a 07 Sport now with 135,000 trouble free kms on it. Brake pads less than half worn, tyres done at 83,000, 6.4ltrs per 100km fuel economy and some of the nicest front seats in its class. We will be upgrading to a new model 6 speed manual one next year. Yep, the ride is firm and it has the odd trim rattle but a sporty 5 seater, 4 door hatch back with legandry Suzuki reliability for roughly 28 grand is hard to beat

mlh19658, Jul 21, 8:25am
Jazz sport Auto's are particularly awful. Which year are you on about JaZZ!

countrypete, Jul 21, 8:27am
On which planet does that apply!

thejazzpianoma, Jul 21, 8:27am
Right. don't you think that if there actually was a problem with the transmissions that they would want to avoid taking responsibility for them for a whole decade!

Your logic is flawed. What is the danger of buying a "scary DSG" when VW will cover any problem it develops.

Please explain.

mlh19658, Jul 21, 8:29am
I give up. Jazz is a crock of sh.

thejazzpianoma, Jul 21, 8:31am
This one.
You really have no idea do you!

Cars set on variable intervals can go up to 2 years between servicing. The cars are timing chain driven and the transmission requires no servicing at all.

Parts are exceptionally well priced, as anyone who as owned one knows. We are spoilt in NZ with multiple third party genuine importers, well priced dealer parts and because we are talking about some of the most popular components in the world parts are cheap from the manufacturer in the beginning.

Perhaps you would like to explain how the servicing costs so very much!

After a dozen or so new and late model VW's in the family I am yet to see it.

thejazzpianoma, Jul 21, 8:34am
Yip. as they say if you have no facts on your side of the argument just attack the person.

What does Jazz know, he has no personal agenda and only drives, owns and services late model VW's.

savanna71, Jul 21, 8:34am
Looks as if VW accept there are issues and have only extended the warranty to satisfy owners who have lost confidence in the brand

http://www.dsgproblems.co.uk/Volkswagen%20of%20America%20Inc.pdf

One only needs to type DSG faults into google and see 1,320,000 results to see just how much of an issue it is (now Jazz i know this is true for almost any manufacturers unit) but to bury your head in the sand and claim the unit doesnt have any design faults or problems shows just how ignorant you are

fordcrzy, Jul 21, 8:37am
If i were you i would look at the fiesta instead of the suzuki. the ford is a much better car all round.