Suzuki Swift Sport. Anyone had experience with these any known problems are they any good

Page 3 / 5
skull, Jul 21, 8:37am
I have an '07 Suzuki Swift Sport as well and find none of the problems Jazz has noticed with his fleet of Swifts. 95,000km now and apart from a warning light reset required once it has not given me a scrap of trouble. The ride was originally quite firm but when tyres came up for changing I fitted higher profile ones which softened it up considerably and stopped the front scraping when exiting steep driveways. Brake pads are barely worn and zero rattles. I'd like a bigger boot but meh just tip one of the rear seats forward and it solves the problem. We had ours done in leather from brand new and front seats are very comfortable, paid roughly what the current model costs all up including the leather option. I definitely do not expect my Swift will have depreciated as much as an equivalent Polo.

berg, Jul 21, 8:37am
thejazzpianoma wrote:
Very little car for your money, out of date technology wise when it was released let alone now. Auto's are particularly awful. Those that buy into social pressure and clever marketing yet fail to compare the other options will tell you otherwise.

The good news though is its less rubbish than the base model Swift.[/quote
]
How Many have you actually owned Jazz!

gammelvind, Jul 21, 8:37am
End result the OP never really got their question answered.

thejazzpianoma, Jul 21, 8:40am
Yes. thats right I am ignorant and bury my head in the sand. we have only had 4 of them. I only service them myself and actually have some proper experience with them.

Quoting google search results as opposed to actual warranty figures is absurd. (go and look up some of my posts for warranty figures)

Its always the same, silly idiots who have never owned one trying to be keyboard warriors and poke holes in the most popular automated transmission in the world.

countrypete, Jul 21, 8:40am
Seems you are the one attacking me, not the other way around, and you are doing that because you can't support your position.As usual.I will do some specific price comparisons for genuine new parts next week, to provide some insight for you.Stay tuned.

thejazzpianoma, Jul 21, 8:40am
Actually, the new Fiesta does look to be really good. Can't speak from personal experience as of yet but I like what you get.

berg, Jul 21, 8:42am
A few of us that actually own them and have had trouble free runs with them have replied.
Unfortunately one who believes the rest of us to be "knuckle dragging trolls" has hijacked the thread. Pity he knows so little about the motor trade that recently he tried to convince us Volvo was owned by Holden. Oops.

skull, Jul 21, 8:42am
Whether we agree with Jazz or not (mostly not) you have to admit when he posts in a thread he gives it wings.

thejazzpianoma, Jul 21, 8:44am
Good you do that, please also factor in the extra servicing the Swift requires including transmission servicing every 40'000km.

At most the Polo only needs 12 month/15'000km servicing (often less if on variable intervals) and it never needs a transmission service.

If this maintenance schedule I found is correct the Swift needs servicing at 6 months sometimes and 5 -10'000km

http://www.suzuki.net.my/aftersales/swift_aftersales.aspx

thejazzpianoma, Jul 21, 8:44am
If you are going to try and slander me at least post the link where I made such a claim.

savanna71, Jul 21, 8:47am
Jazz i hate to break it to you but owning four VW is hardly statistical proof of anything and you know it.

How you think or somehow claim you know the warranty failure rates or WCPU i dont know, what i do know is your attempts at Ad hominem wont win your argument

thejazzpianoma, Jul 21, 8:49am
It still qualifies me more than any of the silly trolls on here.
If you want some statistics here you go.

http://www.reliabilityindex.com/reliability/search/248 Transmission failures listed as. oh whats this. 0% Now. lets compare those results to the benchmark in reliability. The Toyota Corolla

http://www.reliabilityindex.com/reliability/search/218

thejazzpianoma, Jul 21, 8:57am
Yeah, its only significantly quickerto 100km/h than the Swift Sport. *facepalm*

countrypete, Jul 21, 8:59am
For heavens' sake you silly boy, that's Malaysia.The service intervals don't seem to be on Suzuki NZ's website, but I'll check with a contact tomorrow.Think it's 12 months / 15,000kms. but unlike some posters, I'll check and resort to facts.

thejazzpianoma, Jul 21, 9:00am
In that thread I was referring to Ebbett Holden who are Volvo agents. I have ordered parts through them for Volvo and had experience with their servicing costs.

I am glad you know more than the service Suzuki swift service schedule from a Suzuki website. Yes I would have liked to quote a NZ Suzuki site butI could see no link.

I also said "if this schedual is correct" if you go back and look.

Trying to twist what I say to discredit me is childish and pathetic.

thejazzpianoma, Jul 21, 9:02am
Snap, read the post above.
While possible just because its a Malaysian site does not mean that the cars and maintenance requirements are different to NZ.

Especially given that NZ agents have been known to ignore the time component on service requirements when offering free servicing as part of a package.

And again, I did say "if this service schedule is correct" I did not back its validity beyond face value.

johnf_456, Jul 21, 9:03am
thejazzpianoma oh please. You are only putting people off euro cars by smearing salt into wounds.

Stop digging holes, I know you have a passion for your euro's and fiats but this approach only puts people off.

trdbzr, Jul 21, 9:04am
You seem to always be digging that hole even bigger with every post you make Jazz.

"To ensure the value of your new Suzuki lasts well into the future, we provide a comprehensive 3 year/100,000km warranty, PLUS a five year Suzuki roadside assistance plan for total peace of mind 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. To help keep your running costs down, Suzuki service intervals are every 15,000kms. "

berg, Jul 21, 9:05am
Wow, now I'm "childish and pathetic" as well as being a "knuckle dragging troll". Keep em coming

countrypete, Jul 21, 9:05am
Nahh. I don't think anyone actually takes him seriously!

trdbzr, Jul 21, 9:07am
Most people on here know he is an idiot. The only person that seems to be believe otherwise is him.

countrypete, Jul 21, 9:07am
Which "New Zealand agents"!

johnf_456, Jul 21, 9:07am
Good point 71 to 74, yeah anyone who disagrees is a knuckle dragging troll that's for sure.

:D +1

thejazzpianoma, Jul 21, 9:08am
Even if they are every 15'000km it at best matches the shortest period for a Polo and still requires a regular expensive transmission service that the VW does not.

Also. the "dealers" that these statements come from have been known to rip customers off with this sort of dealing in past. Go and check the threads, we had someone come and ask if their oil should have been replaced at the 12 month service, it should have been but was not.

If that pathetic attempt is the best hole you can poke in my many posts I am more than happy with that.

countrypete, Jul 21, 9:09am
I don't think he's an idiot.Just passionate about what he believes, and willing to say anything to support his beliefs, and personally disparage anyone who disagrees with him.Probably picked on as a kid.