Petrol Booster/Atomiser

bellky, Jul 20, 4:34am
You think!

tazcsv, Jul 20, 4:37am
ahh ahh Ahh Ahh BULLSHIT. sorry does anyone have a tissue.

morrisjvan, Jul 20, 4:40am
that's $190.00 you'll never see again !

tazcsv, Jul 20, 4:46am
And you will be reminded of it every time you pop the bonnet.

thunderbolt, Jul 20, 5:01am
Is that a Dunnydore it is fitted on to!

Is this the "new" polariser!

Link for the young un's
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Brock#Other_activities

74nova, Jul 20, 6:13am
I didn't think he's ever heard of the theory of the Intercooler.

chebry, Jul 20, 6:47am
My Citroen diesel has a fuel heater standard an intercooler is to cool incoming air nor fuel

bill-robinson, Jul 20, 6:52am
well I have an intercooler on my car that cools the water. You probably call it a radiator but it is an intercooler.

taipan4, Jul 20, 9:14am
UUmmmmm the principal of an intercooler is to cool the incoming air NOT the water so that the air is denser

chebry, Jul 20, 9:18am
Actually a radiator by virtue of its very name is not an intercooler it is a radiator you obviously understand very little of turbocharged engines

40wav, Jul 20, 9:23am
Yep, it's a VS. Oh the shame.

daryl14, Jul 20, 7:37pm
Good point Skin, Screw this install up and you have your fuel tank heated to near same temp as engine coolant. Fuggin scary.

elect70, Jul 21, 2:38am
Petrol has acalorific value heating it doesnt increase itthere fore nogain . In fact on modern engineswant it cool to prevent itflashing off beforecombustion. Just another POS conlikepolarizersin line magnets, but there will be mugs that buy them .

unbeatabull, Jul 21, 3:17am
Warmer fuel may increase economy if done at a very exact temperature and if done correctly . much like preheated Diesel in places like Canada during winter.

I can't see it having any gains here in NZ, especially on anything with EFI. The point above about it flashing off too early is a very good point . I'd imagine you would have to retard the timing to prevent Detonation, and as well all know if you want more bang for buck you want to run as far as advanced as practical without causing damage

74nova, Jul 21, 10:53pm
Why would you want to mix a cold air intake charge with heated fuel! doesn't make sense.

elect70, Jul 22, 1:19am
Thesub zero cliamate is a different matter, needsheating tokeep its consistencyupfor injectors& pumps . This POSis being sold for domestic cars , . If heating is betterwhy do drag racers(nataspirated) petrol ) runice packedcold fuel cans !

philltauranga, Jul 22, 1:35am
Some modern diesel engines run the diesel fuel line through the cylinder head to heat the fuel, to improve economy. Where I work the heavy haulage trucks engine has a digital computer on the dash with various imformation available, fuel temp is usually 42deg.c and average consumption is 1.5L per Km depending on the weight of the load carryed.

the-lada-dude, Jul 22, 2:33am
i'm afraid you really have to do road / dyno tests. i would say it does work esp on old diesel engines but by how much!