Experts - what product would you use?

cantab1971, Aug 29, 12:38am
I'm car-maintenance igorant pretty much. I've noticed some rust spots on the inside of the drivers door of my pride and joy beamer :( its in between services so I thought I could treat these myself before they got worse. A visit to Supercheap was fruitless though. there's rust disolver, rust converter, step 1, step 2 etc.etc. and all in huge amounts so I left baffled. My question - what product would you use on this!(there's no other rust anywhere on car, so i don't really want a litre of something!)thanks heaps if anyone has any tips. (bad idea to just go over it with a touch-up pen thingy!)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/46507452@N03/6087457948/in/photostream

carmedic, Aug 29, 1:03am
Sadly I don??

franc123, Aug 29, 1:11am
What you are seeing is only part of the problem, the only way to cure that is going to be to dig all of that seam sealer out of there, get the whole area clean with a strip disc, and start again using either POR15 or similar paint, apply new sealer, prime and respray the area, and of course add more rustproofing behind it.And thats assuming nothing more serious has developed behind it.

philltauranga, Oct 5, 3:06pm
Go buy a aerosol can of "cavity wax" type of rust stopper they have it at ripco i mean repco, and take the inside door panel off and spray the wax around inside the door cavity and on the outside of the doorwhere the rust is. I dont think the rust could be removed as its between the seams, but the wax will stop it getting worse just dont use the deodourised fish oil type of rust stopper it stinks the car out.