NIssan Tiida transmission servicing

morrisman1, Aug 30, 5:44am
I noticed today that other than in harsh conditions the maintenance manual for the Tiida doesnt specify any servicing for the 4 speed auto apart from checking fluid level. It has 60,000km on it now and I thought that it would be about due to drop the fluid out and put new stuff in. Can anyone shed some light on when the transmission should be serviced!

audi_s_ate, Aug 30, 6:54am
Probably would be best to do it - our accord euro was due at 60km's so its about ballpark.
How are you finding the car! Economy comfort build quality wise!

morrisman1, Aug 30, 11:34pm
Its a pretty good vehicle. Very roomy and quiet. Front seats are comfortable, back seats need a little more bucket for me, I feel like I slip forwards in them. It has nice road manners but with the high seating position any rolling action in the vehicle is more pronounced which on some surfaces will give a jiggly ride

Boot space is about middle of the range. Rear leg room is what you would expect from a 7 series BMW, its amazing for the size of the car. 

Engine is good, plenty of power (1.8 model) for the chassis and has a good midrange. Economy I don't know but the trip down from christchurch used 3/4 of its 50L tank. The automatic transmission is only a 4 speed which means it doesn't like hilly highways, for example around Balclutha it feels like it needs a gear between third and forth because forth is too high (2500 at 110) and third is a little low for the highway even up hills but great for passing. I just turn O/D off when approaching a hill that I know that it wont handle in top, saves having to plant the foot to get it to kick down, and thats another thing, Id like it to kick down from top gear a little earlier because the engine will start to labour on a hill before it decides to kick down.

Build quality is great, the interior finish is nice and doesn't feel cheap. There aren't any rattles or creaks and in general is a nice car inside. This one is NZ new which means it doesn't have as many options as the japan one does but it does have curtain airbags being a Ti model. ABS brakes work brilliantly, I have driven cars in which the ABS is useless but this one responds very quickly and accurately and has saved my arse already when a man in a house-bus tried to merge into me.

Overall they are a pretty good vehicle but the 1.8 model is the one to get, I drove a 1.5 with the CVT and it didn't really go that well at all. Fast enough for a town car but wouldn't be good on the open road. The 1.8 is a much better engine and the sportier drivers could go for the 6 speed manual but I did hear they had some issues with something in those gearboxes.

audi_s_ate, Oct 10, 5:45pm
Nice, great review - well written. Cheers!