ABS light AU Falcon.

bjdw, Sep 1, 6:56am
Couple months ago I got the auto sparky to fix it.He said there was a loose connection in the steering colomn(!) and charged me 1/2 an hour labour.

The light has started coming back on again and I assume it will be the same connection.Anyone got a more specific place for me to look than the steering colomn(!)!

He put it on a scanner and didn't charge me for that which apparently is standard practice so I don't wanna go back and complain.

trouser, Sep 1, 7:33am
Can be caused by metal filings on the abs sensors on the wheels. A quick fiddle with a 8mm spanner will get them off and then clean.

kingfisher21, Sep 1, 10:37am
Steering column! ABS light or SRS light!

brokebloke1, Sep 1, 8:02pm
has the brake pads been replace recently! if so the sensor ring may have been disturbed ford can reset it.

bjdw, Sep 1, 9:47pm
Aargh. Airbag llight. Sorry. I meant airbag light.

bae13, Sep 1, 10:14pm
Complain about what!You need to understand that the srs light comes on for many reasons, the problems associated with this circuit of the steeringCan open circuited wiring plug, short circuited plug, open circuit in clock spring, short circuit in clock spring, open circuited airbag, short circuited air bag,and by short circuited it could have the 2 airbag wire shorted together, shorted wire to positive shorted wire to ground,

If it is the same issue as before you will probably be advise to change the particular part.
Some airbag systems can have a few codes so it's hard to decipher whats new and what's old, usually we clear the system and get the driver to
Come back and see what's on, then we look at the issue as we know it is the most current fault

tatts2, Sep 1, 10:59pm
Plug under the drivers seat needs to be hardwired