If i deregister a diesel car.

hounddog2, Aug 31, 9:21am
and then re vin it do i need to pay up the ruc! its 30000 over

ml6989, Aug 31, 9:26am
I would think so, it is a tax and like all taxes, it will not go away. In fact they will probably ask for it at the time you deregister. Keep me posted on how you get on!

sfw4, Aug 31, 10:05am
alot of probs with ex coureer vans now used for family vehicles. still gotta pay the massive commercial registration unless it maybe can be re-vinned as non-commercial

hounddog2, Aug 31, 10:07am
Well they dont know its 30 000 over sooo,,,

jmma, Aug 31, 10:18am
soooo you can't get a WOF, because then they will Knowwwwww (o:

hounddog2, Aug 31, 10:47am
hmm I see your point but will still look into it there must be a way think of old diesel farm vehicles people get back on the road!

a.woodrow, Aug 31, 10:49am
They obviously pay out the road users. When you re-register a vehicle they check for outstanding rucs. remember, it's all in the system

mugenb20b, Aug 31, 10:50am
But, if the car has no plates or VIN number, it has no identity. So, if you start from scratch, how will they know it's over in RUCs!

a.woodrow, Aug 31, 11:12am
You can't re-register without vin etc

gorgie14b, Aug 31, 12:10pm
When it gets revinned they'll find out from chassis numbers etc. Trust me, they'll find out. To think otherwise is crazy

red97, Aug 31, 8:28pm
on the flip side of that if you buy a vehicle that is registered as a hearse then the rego is 50 bucks a year

shane191, Sep 1, 5:50am
car jam the plates and see what ks are on it then wind the speedo back but not past the carjam ks

r15, Sep 1, 7:17am
You could pay the tax up to the kms
or take the kms down to the tax

mantagsi, Sep 1, 7:19am
Whats to stop me stealing your car and re-registering as a legal new vehicle, if that were the case! Like the other posters say, it is a tax, and our dear gubbermint always collects it in the end :)

hounddog2, Sep 1, 11:37pm
Ive paid my dues surely lol I think my speedo was out and adding kms unfairly :P

rover79, Sep 1, 11:52pm
They may do, has the 30,000 over been done since the last WOF. If not, then they know alright.

wayne472, Sep 2, 12:24am
Clock it!

cowlover, Sep 3, 9:41am
Surely its just a change of use not a revin!