Tips for motorbike learner license?

disco_super_fly, Aug 30, 10:58pm
I'm assuming the theory test is super similar to the one for a car license! Are there any particular rules/distances/figures that ALWAYS crop up in the test! I'm sure I will be fine, but naturally I'm a tad nervous. Thanks!

kazbanz, Aug 30, 11:12pm
First thing to go is buy some sample tests and try them

soma2, Aug 30, 11:17pm
yep go online and buy the samples. theres heaps of bike only questions

lady71, Aug 30, 11:35pm
Yep has bike related questions in the test. Do some reading as per aboves. If you have a car licence good point to be current with any laws that have changed in last 12 months they will have one in hor sure eg give way rule.

motorboy2011, Aug 31, 12:05am
the 2 second rule is 4 second for bikes and you should be riding on the road in the same line as the drivers side wheels would be on a car.

disco_super_fly, Aug 31, 3:28am
Cooool thanks guys :) Also, Do i have to sit my basic handling prior to theory!

tmenz, Aug 31, 3:40am
Tell that to the Auckland lane-splitters!

martin11, Aug 31, 4:17am
You would fail the current tests .http://www.nzta.govt.nz/resou-
rces/roadcode/motorcycle-road--
code/about-riding/following-di-
stance.html

mantagsi, Aug 31, 5:24am
Yes you do, and my best advice to you is to keep in mind that you may get a really pedantic tester, whatever you do *don't* argue with them! The BHS test has a couple of real odd parts to it that seem a bit senseless. The actual learners test you take at VTNZ or wherever is ridiculously easy, and if you are of at least average intelligence you should fly through it in no time, no hassles. Good luck and stay safe :)