RED POLITZIA CARS?

movnon, Aug 29, 8:02am
saw one late today on SH 39 - red with the yellow/white (or blue!) checkers. Are they changing the fleet colours from the base white!

modie61, Aug 29, 8:04am
Could be,Wellington Free Ambulances are changing colour.

attitudedesignz, Aug 29, 8:05am
No, resale value of non white cars is higher. They were talking 'bout doing this almost 2 years ago.

movnon, Aug 29, 8:09am
shouldnt be about resale, should be about visibility & presence. Anyway who would buy an ex trashed, bashed & arseholed cop car!
Fair enough for muftis, should be a whole lot more of these IMO.

morrisman1, Aug 29, 8:09am
apparently its so they arent as obvious at a distance, and they can therefore issue more tickets.

attitudedesignz, Aug 29, 8:26am
Yeah ok, Google QLD or NSW police cars and tell me you wouldn't notice those from a decent distance.

cowlover, Aug 29, 8:33am
Maybe GMH do a cheaper deal if the car is red, after all its the GMH brand colour.

scotthurst01, Aug 29, 8:35am

smac, Aug 29, 8:41am
Pfft.

gunhand, Aug 29, 8:45am
God save me!Red goes faster, shhhheeeesh.

attitudedesignz, Aug 29, 8:56am
I have. Used to buy up ex police VR-VSs at auctions in Auckland, on way back home stop in Hamilton to buy some 17s and a clubby kit. Get home, install kit, rims and tidy the paint up then sell.

Car = $3000
Rims & tyres = $2000
Kit = $1800
Paint = ning cos i did it.

So all up including fuel & food for drive home = $6800

Put car in T&E for $9950 = WIN.

This was late '90s tho'

thejazzpianoma, Aug 29, 9:06am
The article shows how much of a failure our road Policing is. The waikato main roads are some of the most over policed in the country. Some really nasty pieces of work that do the patrolling over there too.

morrisman1, Aug 29, 9:10am
"Over the years people have become so used to looking out for our white vehicles - I think this will keep them on their toes," he said.

- from the artice posted above.

In other words they want to issue more tickets

pitchey, Aug 29, 10:33am
Sounds like someone got a ticket!

smac, Aug 29, 8:22pm
Have you stopped to think why there might be a high police presence there! Every year the Waikato outdoes every other region in the country for fatalities, including the entire Auckland region. People there obviously NEED some.managing.

movnon, Aug 30, 9:26am
hahaha do you know its now nearly 2013!
what sane purple peeple eater would buy a fake white clubbie! LOLOLOL

gunhand, Aug 30, 9:46am
Shitloads did, was a mad rage there for a while, dealers made a killing slapping kits on any old Holden and tacky stickers. Hell some still do.

movnon, Aug 30, 11:42am
some SUCKARSE maybe! LOLOL