I have a 2006 Honda Accord.

sinet, Aug 28, 9:00pm
With the Japanese GPS system in it, can i convert this to english or is it better to replace the unit with an english version. Probably looking at the Navman unit. Cheers.

kazbanz, Aug 28, 9:06pm
short version NO it cant be converted

sinet, Aug 28, 9:10pm
Ok so rip out and replace, will look at a Navman unit. cheers mate.

vjregal770, Aug 29, 8:31pm
A guy at work reckoned he could "rewire" his Jap GPS to speak English.

Serious.

motorboy2011, Aug 29, 8:59pm
he'd get on well with my workmate, she asked me why New Zealanders dont have an accent.

kazbanz, Aug 29, 9:01pm
Its not just the language its also the map reading.
But if he can convert it to WORK PROPPERLY in NZ then I have a buisiness proposal for him.

splinter67, Aug 29, 9:20pm
If that works out for youKaz you could retire some how I think your going to have to keep selling cars

supernova2, Aug 29, 9:51pm
Surely it must only be a programme of some sort.Therefore it should be possible to convert it.How much time etc it might take to reprogramme would be the problem.Given that most cars are made for the international market in one form or another I would have thought that makers could provide a "conversion" if they wanted to.Maybe the IMVD (or whatever their correct name is) need to lobby the manufactures.

ghruakaka, Aug 30, 2:30am
It is just a case of replacing the software. However obtaining the NZ version of the software will be next to impossible, and may not even exist if that car wasnt sold with factory gps in nz. The next mission would be reflashing the unit with the new software.

Easiest answer is it practically cant be done.

trdbzr, Aug 30, 5:29am