Honda Oddysey 95 ABS light on

dalomasi, Aug 29, 11:00pm
we took it to the mechanic, and they said it would cost 800 to fix. The gave the fault code, which i think was E4, can't find the paper. I have read about bleeding ABS fluid, maybe the modulator, and other things, can anyone tell me what could be the possible causes and if we can fix it ourselves. Thanks heaps.

motorboy2011, Aug 29, 11:52pm
google "how to get honda abs fault code", get the code, then tell us what it is for sure. the plug you need to bridge should be about where the passengers right knee is, under the dash. $800 is stupidly expensive, last one I did was $100 for a pumpand about an hour to put in

dalomasi, Aug 30, 12:04am
ok thanks, i have goggled how to get the fault code, so will post back tonight when the car comes home.

dalomasi, Sep 5, 7:23pm
Ok so i found the paper work, and its fault code 18, then carries on to say, accumulator leakage, price up second hand modulator/accumulator. Can we do this ourselves, we have done work on our old commodore ourselves as in changing the gearbox, so am thinking i'm sure we can do this!

motorboy2011, Sep 5, 8:43pm
id say so. I went through the same on an integra, I cant rem the exact fault code but it was the abs unit itself. a $50 unit off civic proved to fit and work as it should. As long as there are no other sources to abs light (like faulty wheel sensor etc)

kazbanz, Sep 5, 9:59pm
Op the ABS is part and parcel with the braking system for the car.
Are you confident enough in your mechanical skills to risk brake failure!
If so then call strong for honda and get the price for the part concerned

dalomasi, Sep 5, 10:50pm
mmm I know what you mean. I have a think, and have a look, cause yeh, don't want brake failure!

dalomasi, Sep 5, 10:53pm
Thanks for that!