Coolant leak, 2.8 diesel Hi-lux - H20 pump?

blueaeroplane, Aug 26, 6:54am
Hi to anyone who can throw some light on this.

As above, 300,000kms, cam-belt last changed 3000kms ago (unsure if water pump done at that time, did ask for it), serviced every 5000kms, all radiator hoses changed and new coolant about 1000kms ago after one developed a leak. Lives a cruisey life on a lifestyle block and seldom driven faster than 80kms hour.

From cold start - a steady stream of coolant hisses down from where I'd Imagine the pump to be - right at the base of the engine, by bottom belt (forgive my ignorance), kind of hard to see coz there is a steel protection plate that blocks the view. Noted it it this morning, noted radiator was topped up with coolant + expansion chamber - drove cautiously home - noted with engine warm no further coolant loss. Drove around a little putting a bit of a strain on it, checked again - all okay, and no real obvious drop in coolant level (but clearly coming from somewhere)This arvo, going to garage the beast, and again a stream of coolant until engine warm.

If it was a faulty pump, why would it only leak until warm, or could there be a leaking pipe that expands and self seals with heat!

TIA.

mrfxit, Aug 26, 7:43am
Water pump is in the middle of the front of the engine block
Could be a pin prick hole in the radiator
Could be a pin prick hole in the radiator cross over steel pipe

blueaeroplane, Aug 26, 8:08am
Cool - thanks for that. Mechanic in the am I guess.