Citreon experts!

Page 1 / 2
dinky9, Aug 24, 11:08am
Hi. In dec last yr, unfortunately on tm we brought a citreon xsara diesel 2001.It has been nothing but a lemon.
To cut a long story short, we have only been able to drive it approx 2 mths since we purchased it. The engine light came on the night we drove it home (auck to taupo). It goes into lymp mode. Wont rev over 2200rpm, cuts out on you, wont start straight away. We have had it at a auto sparky who had it for over 2 mths as it just kept playing up, hereplaced a fuel regulator, got it home, went fine for a week then engine light came on. We took it to a citreon dealer in auckland, they had it 6 wks engine light went off prior to getting to them, never played up so sent it home. We drove it home (auck to taupo), engine light came on once home, in lymp mode again.We have replaced the fuel filter/pump. But after nearly 9mths and a loan we took out to buy the car, the $ we have spent to date on it and still no diagnosis. Just wondering if anyone may have experienced any similar probs!We have spent extra on a car that is not worth it, yet nobody can find a reason as to what is wrong. When it goes, its a dam good car, but as it ,once again is, sits in our drive, not safe to drive.We would really appreciate any suggestions/experts proven that may be able to help us. It is so frustrating and very disheartening. Hubby is a mechanic, but this car has stumped the hell out of him.

00quattro00, Aug 24, 11:11am
What fault code was it giving!

intrade, Aug 24, 11:12am
the problem is the diesel. plus a wll knowen issue is in tank fuelpumps. Engine light= a fault stored , I just diagnosed a hdi peugeot that would not run at all then a week later it runs fine but check engine light was on. Codes that where stored on that car was low circuit fuel delivery pump and low circuit mass airflow meter.

dinky9, Aug 24, 11:12am
ill just go try find them. 2 diff places got errors. We had the computer checked out, it apparantly is fine. BRB, thanks heaps for your consideration 00:)

dinky9, Aug 24, 11:17am
errors we keep gettting:

Pressure reg valve
fuel pump primary circuit malfunction
railpressure signal, over the upper threshold
exhaust gas recirculation circuit malfunction
egr valve
siwtch off-high pressure pump
fuel rail pressure sensor circuit malfunction.

I drove it to rotorua then taupo engine light was off, we thought needed filter housing, took to get errors cleared, engine light came on as i got to taupo,these errors were cleared then last one readintake air temp circuit malfunction.
But we replaced in dec with a new air flow meter.! hubby is a mechanic but this car seriously will be the early death of him

intrade, Aug 24, 11:21am
i be back next month. My diagnostic found a fault code on a alfa i was able to partial fix that only here in europe he drives it on chip oil with methanol . The engine is the same as the fiat diesel commonrail on this alfa but the fiat agent was locked out of the computer with all his tools, I had loads of trouble to get something definetly also and it it was po2e2 air flow controll circuit low.
Swapped the airflow meter from a marea diesel and now it looses some power but wont stall to a halt like it used to before.I also changed the fuel Filter told the client sorry that is the best i can do in this short time and for as little money as possibile
here what i found online more people with the same alfa fiat issue
http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa-147-156-and-gt/299479-error-code-p02e2.html

dinky9, Aug 24, 11:21am
thanks heaps intrade, im no mechanic lol. We replaced the fuel pump last week, as there was bits of metal in the diesel (please dont hold me to my words, i again am no mechanic) but because there was bits of metal hubby thought replace fuel pump.unfortunately it doesnt seem to be fixing the prob.

dinky9, Aug 24, 11:25am
we loaned for this car, previous owner only owend 3 wks, apparantly brought as a stop gap. We believe different. Thank you so much for replies. Wish to god we could just find out once and for all what the hell is wrong with the car.

intrade, Aug 24, 11:25am
was the diesel filter replaced!

intrade, Aug 24, 11:28am
What should be done is pressure test to filter and then a pressure test of the high pressure pump. I currantly dont have these pressure tools as i am close to 50kg with my stuff already when i get back . But that is the first thing to test then a flow test of all injectors, that tool i got in my luggage to check if there is faulty injectors

dinky9, Aug 24, 11:32am
im pretty sure (but dont hold me to it filter was replaced)when you say pressure test of high pressure pump, are you referring to the fuel pump! as in take out, place in a bucket of diesel and check the pressure!*again i am not a mechanic, but just trying to see what you mean lol*hubby long in bed with a migraine. Busy at work but this car is stressing us out big time. Really appreciate your help intrade, thanks so much.

incar., Aug 24, 11:38am
where are you intrade!

dinky9, Aug 24, 11:40am
heading to taupo to fix our shitsin lol:)

intrade, Aug 24, 11:42am
no i talk about a meter that you screw in to the line with a gague . and on the high pressure pump on the engine as that is 1600 bar upwardsif that only makes 900 bar then you found a big problem as it wont ever operate right on 900 bar . Reason for high pressure pump not reaching its pressure can be faulty in tank pump blocked up fuel filter for example.

incar., Aug 24, 11:44am
lols

intrade, Aug 24, 11:45am
Right now i am in switzerlandi will go to taumarunui when my mate picks me up from airport to go do some skiing. So taupo is within reach only thing is i got 0 tools other then the diagnostic all other tools are up north.

intrade, Aug 24, 11:50am
all commonrail are tested like this that is the high pressure pump. but not enough fuel from in tank lift pump can also undersupply the high pressure pumpits a example from youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch!v=e-Oz15wH4o0

dinky9, Aug 24, 11:56am
thanks so much intrade, will get hubby to read this tomorrow.Really appreciate your input and advice.
Think you and incar may end up fighting over the shitsin lol.Will come back on here in am and update.Keep safe in switzerland and enjoy the skiing.

incar., Aug 24, 12:00pm
Nice! so is switzerland more stunning in the flesh! what diagnostic scaner are you bringing back

intrade, Aug 24, 12:00pm
the skiing will be at ruapehu its 30 degrees here lol

incar., Aug 24, 12:02pm
No thanks, intrade knows more about these vehicles than me

dinky9, Aug 24, 12:16pm
well dont hold ya breath here either, mt tongarairo had some activity here a couple of weeks ago, lol

dinky9, Aug 24, 12:16pm
aww its less than 3.5mths to xmas,what better a pressie that a shitsen lol lol

singing1, Aug 25, 1:00am
There is a chap in Hamilton off Higgins road that knows everything there is to know about Citroen.will give you his name when I remember it

gs1220, Aug 25, 2:22am
I've looked over the shoulder of the local Citroen man when he has been working on modern Citroens and the electronic link between the accelerator and the engine has been under suspicion. The fix was a new loom I think.