Accumulating petrol discount. help please

puppetman, Aug 14, 11:26pm
I admit I am thick when it comes to maths. With accumulating fuel discount through aa card. if I am using it on one car. I get 6 cents for $40. My car takes less than $120 total. So does that work out at 12 cents maximum discount. Even if I accumulate to 48 cents. I only get that 48 cents on one tank, not all the other $40 fills. Does that makes sense! Is this correct that I might as well get $40, accumulate, then fill and take 12 cent discount. I can feel the cogs clunking in my brain while trying to work it out. lol

dlmckay, Aug 14, 11:43pm
If you spend over $40 on fuel, you get 6c off PER LITRE, so not 6c for $40.$40 is about 18.5 litres on today's fuel prices ($2.15), so you'd get approximately $1.11 discount per $40 purchased.

splinter67, Aug 14, 11:44pm
Fuel is now $2.19 today

shorebee, Aug 14, 11:48pm
also the discount is limited to 50 litres of fuel so i just put $100-$110 in and get the 6 cents off, which is about $3.00. its not per $40 as above poster says and you can accumulate so if one is a company vehicle you could have the 6 cents loaded and then next time you back in personal car another 6 cents. as they have started accumulating you may find you can playalittle by saving up the 6 cents per $40 and then have 18c on a fifty litre tank maybe but i think it confuses activity with results, the cards are great and burger king and car wash saves a bit off to.

puppetman, Aug 15, 12:01am
Sorry, didn't write the 'per litre' part. :)I was acummulating thinking I will do a fill from empty to full and get a huge discount. But to do that I have been putting in $40 amounts of fuel with no discount. So, if I only do this on one car, should I even bother acummulating. I guess what I am asking is. is it even worth acummulating, or is it good to acummulate 2 or 3 times and cash in. At what point are you not saving any more. Geez, I am confusing. sorry. lol

jmma, Aug 15, 12:56am
Is that Ray or Lional talking (o:
Hows it going puppetman!

humvee, Aug 16, 1:42pm
If you are not having to go out of your way for extra trips to petrol station (ie you were driving past any way) accumulating can be worth it.

Look at it this way $40 is less then 19L at current prices. so you are giving up a discount today of $0.06x19=$1.14 to get a discount in future (when you buy 50L) of $3.

But the saving is not big so if you have to drive at all out of the way to get fuel you will waste your savings very quickly and should just put 50L in every time and take the 6c discount

snoopy221, Aug 16, 2:00pm
I can feel the cogs clunking in my brain while trying to work it out. lol

puppetman (333 )11:26 am, Wed 15 Aug #1

AYE.LOL

321mat, Aug 16, 2:35pm
Also, has anyonme else noticed how some "accumulated" discounts sometimes never actually show up!

mrfxit, Aug 17, 12:10am
LOL you're lucky, all I could hear was the spinning whine of stripped gears

johnn, Aug 17, 12:47am
I find supermarket discounts easier & better than AA. I used to enjoy my AA rewards.

bryshaw, Aug 18, 6:20am
So you accumulate at every fill and pay full price, when you redeem your points aren't you actually just getting your money back!

gunhand, Aug 18, 6:25am
I accumulate over a month, tthen it starts dropping off.Last time I used it I put $55 in and got $8 off that $55 so cost $47. Better than a kick in the teeth I guess and I dont go out of my way for it.

puppetman, Aug 21, 6:55am
At the mo. pay $40 get 6 cents. wifes car $40 at 6 cents. my car $40 at 6 cents. Now sitting at 18 cents. The next fill I fill the tank from empty. Maybe 55 litres at 24 cents off per litre.

gusthe1, Aug 21, 7:15am
What will you spend your $13.20 on!