Are the Nissan Wingroads simular to the Nissan AD

Page 2 / 2
jgoater, Aug 17, 8:36am
The dog and lemon guide says the Fiat Multipla is 'built using depressingly unreliable Italian technology'.
Reliability! Dodgy.
How safe! Dodgy.

bastardsquad, Aug 17, 8:50am
Haven't driven them but surely the Probox has to be Toyota's version of the AD! Basic, functional, reliable,value for money.

I WANTED an avensis.super comfy,larger engine,safety plus plus,good looking etc, but 14K for a 2005 eight year old station wagon! Come on !

I was really surprised when I went looking for a wagon recently, prices HAVE jumped thanks to Uncle Helen's CO2 emission standard laws.Don't even think about importing a 3L plus vehicle that's 10 yrs old !

msigg, Aug 17, 9:37am
I think this person has been scared off by some of the rubbish said on here.
trdbzr has some good points.

johnf_456, Aug 17, 9:47am
Hell, the op asks about a Nissan wingroad and the euro salesman raves on about Fiats.

johnf_456, Aug 17, 9:49am
The OP asked about the Nissan not a speech on selling her a Fiat.

rpvr, Aug 17, 9:56am
I have owned several Nissans including a 96 AD and a 98 Wingroad, both 1500s, and neither were particularly economical. Not bad, but nothing special either. I now have a 2001 Avenir with the QG18DE 1800cc motor, and it is considerably more economical than the other two. It's the so called "lean burn" motor. So far it's been very reliable too.

asa50, Aug 17, 10:45am
from the op "Any other suggestions would be great."

kazbanz, Aug 17, 8:24pm
You are bang on the money re the probox.Its VERY loosely based on the Toyota corolla feilder 1500.
Honda do the same with the 5 door civic and the Partner
The AD is based on the wingroad. Mazda have the same sort of vehicle as do Mitsubishi.
You find that the commercial version has a very basic level of trim. Often plastic trimmed edges on seats and the back area is plastic rather than carpeted. etc.Funnilly enough they work well for people with animals and young kids.
You must though have a look underneath and drive the commercial versions. 2 traps being that they often have heavier rear suspension and second the rear row of seats has been moved forwards a few inches to increase the rear load space.