Car Impounded

Page 2 / 5
nita.g, Aug 10, 8:41am
82 and in good condition apart from the frontal damage

msj23, Aug 10, 8:42am
Feel bad for you bro, i'd be absolutely apoplectic if that was me. Good old beauracracy

nita.g, Aug 10, 8:44am
Thanks, I dont know what my rights are with this considering I didnt know where it was all the time it was impounded.

strobo, Aug 10, 8:44am
Seemingly Nitas problem not mine lol friday night entertainment

msj23, Aug 10, 8:45am
Maybe the towies have done the dirty on you and expected you to just walk away! Gutted for ya

nita.g, Aug 10, 8:45am
Thanks.BTW, Im a gurl.

splinter67, Aug 10, 8:45am
Go back to the police tell them if they wont do anything then get a lawyer

msj23, Aug 10, 8:46am
Thats a bit harsh. Sounds like he's just lost a car. I have zero time for boy racers but dont think the OP is

msj23, Aug 10, 8:46am
Sozzies

aragorn2003, Aug 10, 8:46am
Wow must be potty mouth friday.

If it was only 6 odd weeks as you say , that's pretty harsh of them . And to get the run a round like you did is harsh.

Report as stolen (don't hope you will get it back koz cops won't do anything but makes your case stronger) then take it to fair go and court. You'd need to prove you own the vehicle and that you received no information relating to them warning of selling it to cover costs etc etc

treachug, Aug 10, 8:47am
Did the towie give you any forms when you car got towed! You must have seen the tow company name on the truck somewhere.they must have spoken to you & informed you of the impound rules.

nita.g, Aug 10, 8:48am
I think so too, and am just wondering if any body else has faced anything similar and if anyone has had any success on getting their car back

nita.g, Aug 10, 8:49am
My partner was driving the car at the time and he does not recal being given any papers what so ever.The polce said all papers will be sent in the mail, including the fine

kecal, Aug 10, 8:50am
if it was my car id be asking some serious questions from someone, may go see a lawyer!i think this smells of ablatantrip u off situation

strobo, Aug 10, 8:50am
The "Guy" Is his own worst enemy! the towies didn't get paid simple as that

strobo, Aug 10, 8:52am
polce = police

nita.g, Aug 10, 8:52am
Thanks, I never recieved any mail at all for the car.NOTHING

aragorn2003, Aug 10, 8:52am
Your best bet is to head to fair go.

If you serious . go to your lawyer , get a written statement stating your side of the ordeal.That you didn't receive the proper or full documentation regarding the vehicle fees and warnings of being sold.

msj23, Aug 10, 8:54am
Yes this is my interpretation also. So why would the towies make up some BS and fob you off like that! Surely the police who work with the towing company on a daily basis should help you out. You may have to see a lawyer, just to clarify your rights in this situation.

nita.g, Aug 10, 8:54am
I'll be going to the lawyer on Monday if I get no joy from the wreckers tomorrow

jason18, Aug 10, 8:54am
To be honest if it was me I wouldn't have waited 1.5 months to track car. The next day I would have rung asking for all details and went past to make sure car was there etc. May have shot yourself in foot by not following it up sooner but still can't see it being legal no one letting you know it would be sold to recover costs

msj23, Aug 10, 8:55am
lot of hate coming from you to the OP, hope its not a racial thing

splinter67, Aug 10, 8:56am
Dont they have to keep it for 6 months before you can sell it

nita.g, Aug 10, 8:57am
Thanks.I do believe my partner never got any documentation regarding the towie cos he would had given it to me and I know we didn't recieve anything in the post either.

msj23, Aug 10, 8:58am
I've met good towies and bad ones, i would hope that a company that the police choose to work with on contract wouldn't be dodgy