Car Impounded

Page 3 / 5
splinter67, Aug 10, 8:58am
Was the towing company at whakatu

nita.g, Aug 10, 8:59am
Really.Well they sold mine basically straight away. I cant believe they can sell someones car without letting them know.I just hope I can get it back tomorrow

nita.g, Aug 10, 9:00am
Me too, but I guess the police like to think my partners dodgy so I guess that doesnt allow information about my property to be so forthcoming

strobo, Aug 10, 9:01am
Pure speculationlolSad on you fortrying tho! !

splinter67, Aug 10, 9:01am
Have you been back to the police !

msj23, Aug 10, 9:01am
Hope it all gets sorted out. Sounds like a big balls up on the cops part and dodgy dealing on the towies

nita.g, Aug 10, 9:03am
yes, went back to the police.At first they said they had no record of it but later found the information for me

strobo, Aug 10, 9:04am
It is all done properly . & within reasonlol good bye Merc,Balls up & dodgy owner Nita lol

treachug, Aug 10, 9:04am
Agreed.surely your partner must have read the towies name or got told where its going. Cant work that part out.my mates a towie (one manband) & does impounds - his company name is on the truck & the impoundees contact him & pay & pick up their cars by the due date - well most do.lol

msj23, Aug 10, 9:05am
Why dont you go back to your hole

nita.g, Aug 10, 9:05am
yes your right, but they are still obligated to inform the owner of the car in writing

msj23, Aug 10, 9:06am
Absolutely, in fact they tell you to wait for the forms and pay within the time frame allocated

splinter67, Aug 10, 9:06am
since youve talked to the towies was the yard at whakatu

nita.g, Aug 10, 9:07am
Mmmmm, the reading part is the reason why we're in the perdicament we're in.lol.

treachug, Aug 10, 9:09am
ahhhhh the ability to being able to read was due to being impaired!

nita.g, Aug 10, 9:09am
If I could private message you I would tell you where it is but a bit tooo much fora public forum

splinter67, Aug 10, 9:10am
The company in question has sign writing that's very similar to the signs on a police car door Ive heard of a few people thinking they are part of the police

strobo, Aug 10, 9:10am
I won't as im a stubbornmale & won't do what you suggest ! Choice lol
I'd like the car to come back to the owner but like I said earlier the rules are the rules , so suck it up

treachug, Aug 10, 9:11am
ok.thats cunning lol

nita.g, Aug 10, 9:11am
It would of been alot easier to plan then if there was a written timeframe

waleedwahsh, Aug 10, 9:12am
If you can't find or afford a lawyer, try the Citizen's Advice Bureau, or your local community law centre. Write down everything in clear details and take notes and keep records from here on in. Ask for copies of all paperwork from every party involved, and if necessary put a complaint in to the Police Complaints Authority

msj23, Aug 10, 9:13am
lol im also a male (using my mates profile 2nite) so as a male i am equally stubborn and like two stubborn mules we will just go back and forth until one of us gets towed lol

strobo, Aug 10, 9:14am
waleedwahsh wrote:
If you can't find or afford a lawyer, try the Citizen's Advice Bureau, or your local community law centre. Write down everything in clear details and take notes and keep records from here on in. Ask for copies of all paperwork from every party involved, and if necessary put a complaint in to the Police Complaints Authority[/quote

Or o800 sum1 cares

nita.g, Aug 10, 9:15am
Thank you, thats really helpful.

strobo, Aug 10, 9:16am
Funny that ! who got towed again!