Car Impounded

Page 4 / 5
00quattro00, Aug 10, 9:19am
What wreckers! I would go and take it back

friendly_prawn, Aug 10, 9:20am
exactly my thoughts.

splinter67, Aug 10, 9:21am
If you go to the Napier station talk to Brian Farquharson great guy and very helpful he will help you if he can tell him I sent you Good luck

nita.g, Aug 10, 9:32am
They are still obligised to give written information regardless if i follow up the next day or not.lets not forget, the police are suppose to be trustful and lawful

msj23, Aug 10, 9:34am
They usually are very good. Sounds like the towies have done the actual dirty in this case, police just dont cross the t's and dot the i's sometimes

nita.g, Aug 10, 9:34am
Thanks, thats kind of you

strobo, Aug 10, 9:45am
0800 some who cares lol

austingtir, Aug 10, 9:55am
Who the hell goes looking and asking questions 1 AND a HALF MONTHS after their car is confiscated!OP got whats coming to him imo unless theres a good excuse like he was in hospital or something!

Id like to see pictures of this "american vehicle" i bets its a rusted out heap.

splinter67, Aug 10, 9:56am
Your an angry little man with no sense of humor are you related to belky or could be the shaking down there is getting to you
No I know drinking and typing is like drinking and driving you end up looking like a dick

msj23, Aug 10, 9:57am
shakes head (there is always one)

one-one-alpha, Aug 10, 10:42am
Why did you wait so long to find out where it was! Talk to your partner again as he would of been given two copies of the vehicle impoundment notice, the police can't send those out in the post, there may be more to the story than what your partner is telling you.
What was the impoundment for disq driving, racing etc! has your partner recieved two previous strikes under the boy racer legislation as if this is the case the car may have been confiscated as opposed to impounded.
Towies have to wait until the car gets released by the police before they can sell it this usually takes three months of no response from the vehicles owner.

nita.g, Aug 10, 10:57am
Nope, nothing.no papers. He has no reason to hide anything and it wasn't a boy racing related infringement.It definately hasn't been 3 months.

next-to-normal, Aug 10, 12:58pm
take it to the police complaints,just to get in the system and report it stolen.by the police if that is aloud,try small claims or something,but dealing with the police is pretty hopeless if it involves them working

strobo, Aug 10, 4:45pm
New Blue Sticker law to join pink and green sticker.
Blue stickerregarding invalid registrations, or incorrectly supplied rego detailsor non compliant vehicles. When you are given the blue sticker you have until midnight the next day24 hrs to first respondor update your vehicles registration then 20 work days to comply, or ownership would pass to the tow operator who could sell the car to recover storage and towage costs then.the towie there after has rights to ownership of said vehicle to cover their costs without having to drag it through the courts!

chebry, Aug 10, 5:22pm
A left hook dunger being a prime candidate for that, strange how the owner cant spell the brand of car they own.

kazbanz, Aug 10, 8:37pm
Im betting the mail concerned is sitting at the official address of the last registered owner or the address given by the driver of the vehicle at the time.
Im betting that closer questioning of the police officer who organised the tow will reveal the true chain of events.
Given the car was impounded then the driver will be facing charges/fines for "something" and the officer number for the tow will be the same as that for the charges.
I still question why the OP chose to wait "6 weeks" before chasing the car
Maybee Im a cynic but something doesn't read right

gedo1, Aug 10, 9:41pm
Hi Kazbanz.I agree something about this does not read right. Nothing from what the poster says indicates there were police involved. It is implied the driver was present when it was towed, thus if a Police Officer was also there it would have involved the issue of an infringement to the driver.What does the driver tell the poster about that!If there was an infringement notice then taking that to the Police Station would have assisted in finding the vehicle in the first place. Surely all the information would have been there on that notice to assist the Police in determining what was going on with the vehicle.I dunno. why don't posters, seeking advice and sympathy, respond to those who seek additional information so that pertinent advice can be given!Beats me.

splinter67, Aug 10, 9:47pm
What about where the op says in her first post that the car was impounded you actually need the police there to impound a car and she was giving out lots of info on the first page but I guess you didnt read that bit

one-one-alpha, Aug 10, 11:23pm
Maybe the car was towed fo being illegally parked or something! that would make more sense. Towies normally need a cop to put a ticket on the car before they can tow it

supernova2, Aug 11, 1:54am

gedo1, Aug 11, 2:01am
Not correct, I DID read that bit. Anyone can use the word "impound" for a towed away vehicle.For example if a car goes to a towie's yard it is regarded as being in an impound yard. Okay!Also the post does not mention a Police Officer being present.The vehicle could have been towed at the request of a council officer (parking warden if you wish) or from a private car park etc.In both cases the Police are informed of details of the tow but they are not necessarily involved - it being acknowledged that they will be called by an owner or driver when/if they return to discover the vehicle has gone.I go back to what the OP said. It seems the OP was not the driver at the time thus there was someone else involved.What the OP does not say is why the vehicle was "towed" to an impound yard.Perhaps the vehicle was regarded as abandoned (in which case an infringement notice (ticket) may not have been issued).Or the WOF/License were well out of date; perhaps the driver did not have a current license or was disqualified.Maybe it was parked in a situation whereby a council officer had it towed away. all sorts of things.Was the address of registration still accurate, for example and all contacts were going to a no longer valid address.- but the OP doesn't tell about that so we can't really wisely assist.Get the point!

raymond00001, Aug 11, 2:15am
That could be a pain in the butt for people who move residence often and don't update details straight away. Bit of a change from just a ticket for no rego. Sounds like an order to get it registered as well. Changes the numbers for those that gamble on not getting caught.

splinter67, Aug 11, 3:25am
Did you miss this post gedo read it again you might get it right this time

elect70, Aug 11, 5:49am
Citizens ADvice Bureauwill give you free legal advice on course of action . Lawyer will justwriteletters & send youbig bill & in the end tell you did all he could .but couldntget it back .

strobo, Aug 11, 6:46am
Explains everything if there was incorrect address detailson the rego.Seems more to it than we know from what the OP has stated or understands about process.