Ouch. and we thought we had it bad.

friendly_prawn, Sep 4, 4:06am

mgmad, Sep 4, 5:10am
And on top of that they pay tolls on pretty much all the motorways, and the roads are.well, average at best.

Compared to most of the rest of the world, NZ's fuel price is really not that bad.

the-lada-dude, Sep 4, 5:13am
heya !i lova mya vespa

thejazzpianoma, Sep 4, 5:20am
Our fuel could easily rise to that if our dollar was to weaken to the circa 45c U.S that it used to run at not so very long ago.

Luckily though, while its entirely possible this could happen at least with the absurd U.S National Debt and government over spending. They are going to be happy to let their dollar circle the drain for the foreseeable future, as they continue to try to print their way out of trouble.

Europe has it hard and its going to get a lot harder yet for the low and middle class as their governments continue the absurd banking charade.

thejazzpianoma, Sep 4, 5:24am
Funnily enough, my PX200 Vespa wasn't actually that economical (although I did ride it like a maniac). I would say with how fuel prices work in much of Europe aside from tolls and parking it wouldn't be much cheaper to run than a 1.3 Diesel Punto. (On a motorway run I think the Punto would be using slightly less fuel than the Vespa)

The new 4 Stroke "sell out" models are probably far more efficient though.

BTW, you know its bad when Multipla drivers are complaining about fuel costs. Remember they average around 6l/100km and while diesel is a little dearer there is no RUC. Imagine trying to run a Japanese petrol people mover like is so popular here on over $3 a litre with consumption around twice what the Multipla uses.

mopeds, Sep 4, 5:44am
Petrol might cost more but the standard of living is much higher in Europe, people earn more and spend more.

mgmad, Sep 4, 5:54am
Much higher! Don't think so, and I currently live in Munich. http://www.mercer.com/press-releases/quality-of-living-report-2011

the-lada-dude, Sep 4, 5:54am
if i put me arse UP and head DOWN , i reckon i'd be all over ya like a rash jazzesp if i wasa slippa streamin behinda one of those a bigga trucks

sr2, Sep 4, 6:01am
LOL, great link. "Auckland (3) is the highest-ranking city for quality of living in the Asia-Pacific region". Us Jaffa's may look dumb but we aint stupid!

trogedon, Sep 4, 7:28am
Fortunately they can buy gorgeous Italian bicycles and ride on roads where drivers look out for and respect cyclists (as they should).

tractor9, Sep 4, 8:03am
Maybe so, but it's relative to wages/cost of living isn't it!Our incomes are quite a bit lower than those overseas, so fuel prices do take a chunk of a family's weekly income in NZ.(No, I'm not a whinging lefty!)

bex25388, Sep 4, 11:38am
One word there buddy.Greece.

mrfxit, Sep 4, 8:26pm
Having known & currently know a fair few Jaffa's . (including relatives) .I would have to disagree with you about the intelligence looks & ratings