Holden Astra G series fault?

Page 2 / 2
donz01, Oct 13, 2:21am
Hi Craig,Yes its all sorted and running sweet. Aftermarket air flow meters are around NZ$70 ex UK or genuine is just under NZ$190 inc postage.Genuine Seimens are only $240 trade here. I bought an OBDII scanner listing 519246260 as well and it has basically paid for itself in the past 2 weeks. With owning 4 cars that are OBDII it will be handy for some time.

treachug, Oct 13, 5:30am
Yep & this one had a (brand new) Excel (junk) air flow meter which once I replaced with a good used original type one, the car is running sweet as.
I think I got a bargain buy at $1k lol

donz01, Oct 15, 9:41am
Sweet now sell it before the cam belt breaks. And yes I am speaking from experience. I took my Astra for a run on Saturday and all went well (8.5l per 100km) other than the temp gauge appeared to be not working. While stopped for a few minutes the gauge finally moved up a bit so I am guessing its the thermostat stuck open. We have got an old but very nice 2L 5 speed VL commodore which seems to be a gutless wonder. I know its only a 2L but our std Chevette could probably beat it off the lights. 138 kphflat out. I have done cap ,rotor and plugs but it made no difference. Starting to think its got a crook air flow meter. Do you think I could be right.

treachug, Oct 15, 10:09am
Could be.do you want me to send one down for you to try! if so ring me at work.
Going to keep Astra, very tidy etc & its replacing partners '90 350k Familia - plus they are good cars. Have imported several bent valved Astras from Japan over the years & repaired so relatively easy job to do - but going to do belt & bits before it does it.