Hyundai XG30 air flow meter

rd8453, Sep 15, 11:43pm
Quote to remedy this electronic problem approx.$850.Have heard of solutions such as cleaning sensors and electrical plug contacts,any suggestions please!Thanks Richard.

intrade, Sep 16, 12:34am
20 odd $ from supersheep auto special mafsensor cleaner no guarantee it will work but you can be sure they are not 850$ you can order them your self with crefit card from europe for example and they will be at your door in 12 to 16 days tops

intrade, Sep 16, 12:34am
what year and engine has it got! xg30 seems large caron wikipedia

rd8453, Sep 16, 12:43am
Hi,is a larger car,3000cc 6 cylinder tiptronic,year 2001,7500km.thanks.

splinter67, Sep 16, 12:45am
Try Gee motors in Napier they seem to be able to get hyundai parts for half the price dealers sell them for

intrade, Sep 16, 1:11am

therafter1, Sep 16, 1:16am
I don't know if the AFM that you have is repairable or not, I also don't know who repairs them in the Nth Island, we use Anything Electronic in Nelson and they have repaired everything that we have sent them so far, and it usually comes in under a couple of hundy including freight both ways.

Usually you can give them a ring and tell them what you have, and they will tell you whether it is/is not repairable.

intrade, Sep 16, 1:16am
also check if this is a mitsu$hitheap engine if so you be getting plenty secoundhand ones from v6 mitsis to try.

intrade, Sep 16, 1:20am
personally i would clean it and then if its no good find one from another car to try if it is for sure the airflow meter , and then get a new unit cheap from where ever uk spain germany. china japan who ever sells you a new one cheap

therafter1, Sep 16, 1:24am
You will never give up on the Mitsi will you Intrade lol . I would go so far as to say that Mitsi's are the least frequent visitors to the workshop that I work in other than for WOF's, service, and the odd slipping belt problem now and then.

I serviced a Lancer the other day with 480,000 untouched K's on the clock !

The days of the early Mitsi imports that were basically lemons before they arrived in NZ have passed., and I agree, there were some awful POS amongst them.

rd8453, Sep 21, 7:23am
Hi,problem fixed,still cost me $800,was the transmission ECU.I used Wayne Frost of efitech in Albany.Ph 094155559,can recommend them for electronic repairs,Thanks

intrade, Sep 21, 7:31am
ok at least you got it fixed and not wasted money on stuff that was not faulty.