Courtesy cars

rover79, Sep 18, 4:36am
What is fair when using a courtesy car.
Should the business loaning the car take the km of the veichle, or, should it be full when taking away and full when returned.
I know my veichle can take another 10 dollars of fuel from when it first cuts out.
I know its trivial but should I have to put in 15 dollars of fuel when km wise I have only used $6

cuda.340, Sep 18, 4:42am
you're getting a car for free. don't hurt to add a bit more fuel if necessary, they're doing you a favour.

rover79, Sep 18, 4:46am
Yea as I said it is a bit trivial, but it could work the other way, they are getting the work.

l_and_p, Sep 18, 4:51am
They are getting the work but don't have to give you the car. When I was in an accident my insurance didn't give me a car while they took mine away just had to pay for a rental :(

morrisman1, Sep 18, 5:10am
I say put what you use back in. Easy as. You should know roughly how many KM you have done and estimate the consumption and put that much back in.

yogibearz, Sep 18, 7:27am
It should be a priviledge to have the use of a courtsey car. In my last 20 years as a Service Manager I could count on one hand the amount of people who willingly replaced the fuel they used. The rest treat it as a pig sty. Return it late,(bugger the next person who may be waiting for it.) it would be mandatory for it to have filth and rubbish all through it and the fuel light is usually flashing. Didnt seem to matter if dirty dogs were carried around in it either. We put a minimal amount of fuel in and told the customers when it went out that it was their responsibility to add the fuel they wished to use. After all they would fuel their car if using it. Frankly if we could have done without any loan cars it would have been a huge cost saving.

gunhand, Sep 18, 7:53am
They should have the fuel light on when it leaves then the user has to fill it up and not take advantage.

lookoutas, Sep 18, 10:10am
Too much welfare is the problem. So people even expect it to flow over into motoring. About time they learnt to stand on their own two feet.
Would you lend your spouse to someone who's other half was in hospital!
So don't expect my bloody car!

rover79, Sep 18, 11:43am
Thats a weird comparison.
My insurance is such that I get a rental if required due to needing a vehicle for work.Insurance is probably paying rental for the day to do a quote on the car. What happened to the days of making an appointment, drive in do a quote and drive away!

lookoutas, Sep 19, 6:57am
If you can't do without a car - that's exactly how to do it. Don't expect someone else to wheel ya barrow.

Good on ya rover. (79)