Bad things always happen in threes

morrisman1, Sep 15, 11:44am
Got a call from a mate tonight: "The wheel's fallen off the trailer, I think the studs have snapped off" Oh crap I think what is the damage. Thankfully not too much, a bent guard and u-bolts ground down to almost nothing. I took along a spare hub off the towing dolly and a spare wheel and we swapped them over. The hardest bit was finding the damn wheel, they sure know how to travel!

With the park lights and the hazards being on for 45 mins, the battery decided to give up the ghost and wouldn't start the izuzu. Bugger. Only option was to jump in the car and go get the jumper leads.

On the way back, coming up to the giveway at the top of a rise, I see the sign and think it was one of those 'give way coming up' pre-warning signs. going past this at about 70, give or take a bit, I see the intersection coming up. FARRRRRRRKK. I went through the intersection at about 60 having absolutely no idea what lay on the downhill side of it. Over the top. Ditch, fencepost, gate, mud, ditch, cow poo. I was now a passenger because it was muddy grass. Knocked the fence post over, thankfully about a foot underground it was quite rotten and snapped off.

No damage to the sentra, the japs make their cars tough! Im just pleased to be back home with beer in hand. They do say bad things happen in threes, I should have known and been more careful. The thing is I wasn't speeding, but just didn't expect the intersection so soon. I noticed one headlight was out so that may have contributed to not seeing it earlier.

flitt, Sep 15, 4:40pm
Thank fwark you had beer at home.

jason18, Sep 15, 7:41pm
Depends what it was. But best comment ever!

ceebee2, Sep 15, 7:45pm
+ a change of underwear I suspect.LOL No cows were injured in this skit!

therafter1, Sep 15, 8:34pm
In your profile you state your occupation as 'flight instructor' !

mantagsi, Sep 16, 12:23am
Thats why he had a damage-free landing :D

elect70, Sep 16, 1:35am
Take off beforeplods came !otherwise theytellowner offence post& get bill for it .