Restricted License. I wanted to go to westgate but i39ve heard they are extremely strictdoes anyone know what they test for

imlegitmunitesh, Oct 4, 12:08am
I wanted to go to westgate, but i've heard they are extremely strict.Does anyone know what they test for.

r.g.nixon, Oct 4, 12:10am
They look for one dog hair on their seat.

imlegitmunitesh, Oct 4, 12:11am
Is there somewhere better!

imlegitmunitesh, Oct 4, 12:13am
That thing on the news is the reason i want avod westgate.

r.g.nixon, Oct 4, 12:13am

imlegitmunitesh, Oct 4, 12:15am
Thats the plan. but i have to restart from scratch if i dont have my restricted

r.g.nixon, Oct 4, 12:18am
Oh, the Australian license has to be held for 2 years. If not, you still have do do a practical test here.

imlegitmunitesh, Oct 4, 12:21am
Im trying to sit my restricted before i leave for aussie at the end of the year. but with all the new rules and it becoming alot stricter it seems almost impossible

esprit, Oct 4, 12:24am
Just make sure your car's up to scratch and your driving is the same and you won't fail. If you're not confident of passing the test then you need more practice.

gmphil, Oct 4, 1:28am
Do a defensive driving course

pico42, Oct 4, 2:32am
Any reasonably competent driver will pass the test. You seem doubtful of your ability!

r.g.nixon, Oct 4, 4:39am
Instructors have been told to only pass 60% of tests. So if they get 10 excellent drivers in a row, they might only pass 6 of them, if they think the trend will continue.

aragorn2003, Oct 4, 4:47am
How long you been driving for!

If you can drive like a competent person , stopping at stop signs , checking your mirrors , indicating correctly when going through round-abouts etc etc and not like an idiot then your fine.

I don't see us telling you how to drive at this point in time is going to make you pass your test you need to believe in your own ability.

ACTUALLY! my bit of advice is book for the last time slot on a Friday afternoon.

tara101, Oct 4, 6:06am
Is that fact or just speculation on your part.
The test isn't easy and as I am involved in driver education my best piece of advice is to have a driving lesson from a professional instructor to give you the best possible chance of passing. Also check this link to give you a idea on what to expect.http://www.nzta.govt.nz-
/licence/photo/docs/restricted-
-test-guide.pdf
Best of luck.

curlcrown, Oct 4, 8:14am
You don't get a license in New Zealand.

martin11, Oct 5, 6:29am
What a load of rubbish you do not know what you are talking about .

noswalg, Oct 5, 7:28am
A memo from Driver Licensing NZ was recently leaked to the herald telling testers the expectation was that the pass rate should be around 40% and that they would be looking for trends to the contrary. So basically creating a culture of fear amongst its testers which also has the bonus of generating more profits through resits!

funkyboy, Oct 18, 9:22am
What drivel people talk on here, people are failing the tests because. and this is really simple folks, they turn up expecting to wing it, and somehow pass having taught themselves, or been taught by their cuzzies, or their bro, or mum or aunty. so sorry won't work. do your selves a favour, read the damn road code!, get some qualified instruction, turn up in a car that has. indicators, brake lights that work, has a WOF, is registered!, has up to date RUC.AND ARRIVE EARLY! then drive to the speed limits, don't cut corners, don't speed, don't drive like a nana and open your eyes and LOOK for the speed signs, learn your give way rules AND THEN YOU MIGHT PASS! morons on here with their ill informed comments usually arrive with any of the faults above and FAIL!. then blame the testers!. take some responsibility for your own failures people!

derringer, Oct 18, 6:27pm
Well said funkyboy. Problem is, morons don't take responsibilty. Anyone
who drives competently enough to reach the minimum standard required to
safely operate a vehicle on the road, and comes prepared having done
their homework, will pass the test. People who think they can wing it with
little or no preperation (especially on the Full test) will flunk big time. But
then it's always someone else's fault because they've been driving for
ages and a really good, eh. r.g. nixon should get the facts straight before posting such insane drivel. Oh yeah, turning up late on a Friday won't
help you either. If you can't drive properly it won't matter when you turn up. 40% pass rate expected! What a lot of bollocks. 40% pass rate means that 60% of drivers are just not ready.

martin11, Oct 21, 12:33am
That is a load of rubbish testers have not be told to do this it is all media hipe

martin11, Oct 21, 12:33am
Read the article it did not say that at all .