2012 Hyundai Accent

actros2, Sep 29, 3:35am
Anyone got one (just the standard 1.6 hatch) and if you do what do you think of it!

intrade, Sep 29, 3:55am
in 2012 you would want a car doing 60mpg or more. 1.2 liter engines produce the same power as 2.0 liter 1990 models . thats all i can advixe you on. hiunday are good cars since the "getz" model. onwards.

intrade, Sep 29, 4:31am
my number 1 priority is cost= low fuel-consumption, for vw you would only want to buy from gilltrap auckland i be also cautioned by any whangarei agent for hyundai. i went to the ssangyoung agent once in whangarei for parts and all they where interested to sell me a new car, no parts what so ever for ssangyoung. So do your research befor you walk in to a trap.

trdbzr, Sep 29, 4:42am
No they actually have 6 speed auto's in them. You obviously know nothing about them at all.

thejazzpianoma, Sep 29, 4:49am
LOL, the usual nonsense from the resident troll without a clue.
http://www.hyundai.co.nz/new-cars/small-cars/accent/specifications/

Oh and before he tries the next bit of nonsense, the 1.2 litre Golf is faster than the 1.6 litre Accent AND it uses less fuel.

mugenb20b, Sep 29, 4:51am
I don't have a Hyundai Accent, but I do have a Hyundai.something else. It (Accent) is a good car, excellent build quality, but I also agree with Jazz, a bit pricey for what it is. Its somewhat simple drivetrain isn't as bad as it sounds because it is well proven and should last well.

DSG and most CVT type transmissions scare me, and therefore I try and avoid vehicles that have them. I still like the "old" 4 or 5 speed conventional autos even if they suck a bit more juice.

intrade, Sep 29, 4:53am
geeesus crist they are expensive i buy 3 dacia sandero for that. they come in rhd next year to england. its 5grand to ship a new car from europe in a container.

trdbzr, Sep 29, 4:56am
http://www.hyundai.co.nz/new-cars/small-cars/accent/performance/

Look under the 'Manual or Auto Transmissions' section.

And the sort of people who buy cars like Accents and lower end Golf's don't care about performance. If they did, they would buy other cars.

And before you bang on about reliability, give Continental Cars a call and see how many 2010-2011 diesel Passat's they have had to replace gearboxes on.

intrade, Sep 29, 4:58am
continental are frawdsters. my client took em to court. I clearly said above only gilltrap for vw . any car thats been to continental you got to run from it as far and fast as possibile.

thejazzpianoma, Sep 29, 4:58am
No need to be scared of the DSG. Its the most popular automatic transmission in the world as far as I am aware.

Its also one of the most reliable, and the 7 speed one in the Golf is properly maintenance free too. By properly I mean that its not one of these "sealed for life" regular auto's that will actually die any time from 100'000km if not serviced.

Just be aware that there are a number of trolls on here like the one above (not mugenb20b) who just love to go out of their way to try and discredit the Golf.

Those of us who have actually owned them love them. We have had 4 with DSG in the family including a high performance one that is driven very hard. All have been problem free.

thejazzpianoma, Sep 29, 5:02am
LMAO. your trolling is just priceless.

I have looked there as you requested, no mention of a 6 speed auto there either. that would be because they don't make one!

Oh and nice quoting some hearsay nonsense about a completely different car with a different engine and. an entirely different transmission!

LOL!

intrade, Sep 29, 5:03am
lets get back to the facts befor you geezers are all banned from here.
is poster 1 looking for manual or automatic!

thejazzpianoma, Sep 29, 5:05am
Given they are saying "standard" hatch I would say they mean a petrol one which only comes with a 4 speed automatic.

The Diesels can be bought with a manual but they are dearer.

vtecintegra, Sep 29, 5:10am
Might be worth looking at the i30 - its a touch more expensive (still cheaper than a Golf) but has a more powerful direct injection engine and a six speed auto

intrade, Sep 29, 5:10am
so if they want a manual they are probably better off to get a different make , and for 31k there is plenty other good cars to choose from.

trdbzr, Sep 29, 5:10am
OP just google 'dsg problems'. I wouldn't trust the local VW fanboy because getting an unbiased response from him is impossible. And 4 cars isn't some statistical significance you idiot.

Hyundai is a good car maker and newer cars are all quite good. Its jumped up quite a bit in terms of reliability and quality. But there's a lot more options out there as well ie Focus, Mazda 3 etc.

trdbzr, Sep 29, 5:15am
Actually looking at it again, you may be right. I assumed 6 speed auto, and if it 4 speed, then I agree, its stupid to buy a 2012 with a 4 speed auto.

And no it was showing you something about the so called VW reliability. The 6 speed auto's in the diesel Passat's are failing at quite low rates ie. 30,000-40,000km.

And I do feel sorry for you. You are quite thick aren't you. Now i'll repeat it again and you can re-read it as many times you like until you get it:

"Differing opinions are just that. Its not called trolling. Which is a completely different thing". Lets hope you learn this and prove once and for all that you weren't dropped on your head as a child.

thejazzpianoma, Sep 29, 5:16am
LOL. can't believe you have the gall to come back and expect to be credible after being proved wrong every time so far in this thread.

You are so very funny. BTW, you will indeed find many DSG problems on the net. that's because they have made many millions of them.

Anyone with half a brain can understand that even with the very lowest of failure rates there are still going to be many examples because of the sheer volume of production.

thejazzpianoma, Sep 29, 5:29am
Agreed the I30 is the better vehicle, but its only 2K cheaper than the list price on a Golf.

In reality you can get a much better deal on the Golf (like the demonstrator for Accent money above) because of the model change.

I don't see why you would pay significantly more for an I30 that is barely a competitor to the Golf demonstrator that you could have for Accent money.

actros2, Sep 29, 6:02am
Thanks for the replies so far. It is an auto (I think it was a 4 speed) with 64km on the clock about 20 of which we did today. It was nice to drive but I'm just a little bit unsure of the small back window for reversing as well, as I'm quite short. He called it an ex demonstrator and priced it down to $28k but I see some on trade me at 0km for $28k so. He was very pushy, and wanted us to make a decision on the spot. we told him we had to think about it.-MrsA

thejazzpianoma, Sep 29, 6:08am
I am not surprised he was pushy, that is grossly over priced for a demonstrator (although I admit it is almost 0 km's) and a very poor value old technology inefficient car to start with anyway.

He would have known that if you had time to compare it he would have been sunk. Must be hard to move those at the moment.

My advice is go and drive an ex demo Golf, the decision should be super easy after that. It will be even easier if you sit down and compare the spec.