Who knows factual info on lpg engine oil

ally-oop, Oct 18, 5:58am
in regard to the different properties it needs that makes it particularly suitable for lpg (as compared to petrol).

Thanks for any educated/qualified FACTS:-)

therafter1, Oct 18, 7:24am
My understanding is that LPG is a cleaner burning fuel with less by-products of varying descriptions, in which case any good quality oil that falls within the manufacturers suggested lubricants for the vehicle should be just fine.

intrade, Oct 18, 7:29am
i think no special oil, i do think you confused with the problems from cng mot lpg!

ally-oop, Oct 18, 7:32am
cheers-although i notice that some oil grades (usually lower grades) make no mention of compatability with lpg, while other, higher grade oils claim to suit lpg, so there must be something/s necessary over and above the basics.

intrade, Oct 18, 7:36am
dont put redstamp oil in a new car its all about using the correct oil like i have to use longlive oil on my diesel to vw audi porsche bmw standards

therafter1, Oct 18, 7:37am
Google is your friend !

In many instances (with a bit if sifting) the information that you can glean from the likes of google will probably be more accurate than the information gleaned on a MB such as this one.

unbeatabull, Oct 18, 9:26am
LPG's typically take a different grade (From experience a thicker grade) oil then the petrol alternatives. Also LPG is a lot cleaner burning, but the oil needs to be suitable to the wax buildup etc that can occur in LPG systems.

kimbo88, Oct 18, 9:42am
I have had LPG systems in cars now for about 12 years or so, and have been using Morris Multilife Full Synthetic 5W/40 all the way through and have found it to be excellent.The oil stays very clean, and I usually run it up to 20,000 Kms between changes or thereabouts.In one car, I have done over 170,000 Kms on LPG and over 120,000 on LPG on another car (using the same oil).No problems whatsoever.It's available from Oil Distributors in Rangiora, and they will ship nationwide - I think that for larger quantities they will ship free of freight.