Advice wanted on new car purchase please?

redsophie, Oct 15, 8:07am
I am looking at buying a hatchback 2004 or later, 1300 or 1500cc.Around $10,000.Any advice appreciated on make model etc.Will be used for trips as well as around town.

msigg, Oct 15, 8:11am
Just go out to some of the dealers and see what you get for your money, take some test drives, go from there. Good luck.

splinter67, Oct 15, 8:19am
Buy a vw haha Jazz I beat ya to it

countrypete, Oct 15, 8:19am
oh oh.

redsophie, Oct 15, 8:21am
Yes well!
What about a Nissan Note!

tgray, Oct 15, 8:21am
Punto! I'm told they are good.

xs1100, Oct 15, 8:23am
sort out colours,doors,manual-auto, and as others have said narrow it down and then come back and ask.personally if you are a lady on yr own minimal maintanence.toyota,nissan,suz-
uki swift

stevo2, Oct 15, 8:24am
If you like the Note, why not. Its a good enough car

redsophie, Oct 15, 8:28am
Red, yellow or blue.Four door.Fold down - split back seat.Does that narrow it down!Auto.
What about Toyota Will Cypher!

thejazzpianoma, Oct 15, 8:30am
The car to beat in that category is the MK5 Golf (new shape starting 2004). I suggest you drive one, compare the spec and power/economy then see if you can find anything else as good.

Forget 1300cc - 1500cc if you are buying an automatic even the 2.0 one will give you real world economy that many 1300cc Japanese auto's struggle to match.

All you need to do now is wade through the nonsense wives tales from the usual Jap import peddling trolls.

redsophie, Oct 15, 8:33am
I like some of your posts so will look at the Golf.any other suggestions!

intrade, Oct 15, 8:36am
i just looked at a,note and they are as ugly as multipla so you could look at them also the secound generation looks similar to a note.

thejazzpianoma, Oct 15, 8:37am
From me, really just the Golf although the Audi A3 is effectively the same car and widens your net when looking for bargains. If you don't mind two doors the A3 in 2 door form can often be had considerably cheaper.

Normally I would have other ideas but really the Golf just blew everything else out of the water when it came out in 2004, only of the last year or so have some of the competitors started to catch up. So in that age and price bracket, its pretty hard to find anything else comparable. You certainly won't fine anything else petrol driven that will give you that sort of power and economy together in an auto.

Let me know if you decide to look into them seriously, I am more than happy to give you a bit of a buyers guide as to what to look for.

Happy shopping and cheers for liking some of my posts!

incar., Oct 15, 11:58am
yes i have a suggestion, dont buy a Golf, shame you never read the negatives, and there are more negatives then positives