Hyundai Lantra 1.8 problem

hughesy, Oct 14, 3:52am
This car seems to chug/pull/miss (not sure how to explain it) after 30 mins of driving. The spark plugs have been changed, oil changed and new fuel filter done. It has been looked at by a mechanic and they could not find anything wrong with it. Does anyone have any suggestions what else to look at!

sabbath-black, Oct 14, 4:01am
.our one did that, it was a faulty lead.

hughesy, Oct 14, 4:03am
The mechanic checked the leads and said they were fine! Thanks

hyphen, Oct 14, 5:18am
crack in the exhaust manifold that opens up when the engine is warmed up, between cyl 2 & 3

intrade, Oct 14, 5:19am
its a mitsubishi clone that old one, i would get rid of the crap.

chebry, Oct 14, 11:12pm
Tradein never helps he has zero knowledge and is nearly as bad as jazz who thinks vw is the answer to everything

mugenb20b, Oct 14, 11:33pm
No it's not.

splinter67, Oct 14, 11:35pm
Surely you can get an additive to add to the fuel that will fix it

thejazzpianoma, Oct 14, 11:42pm
Chelsea make a good one for this application.

hamhonda, Oct 15, 12:39am
If not the exhaust manifold (as stated above) double check the plug leads.Quite often in these Lantras' (I'm guessing its the 96-01 shape) the plug leads break down, usually number 2 or 3.If you pull them out you will see a white residue(sp) usually about 2/3's of the way down the stem of the lead.

chebry, Oct 15, 2:45am
Weak coil maybe a miss would be an ignition lead but if the car really begins jerking about thats usually total loss of spark or fuel blockage.

hughesy, Oct 15, 6:53am
Thanks all for the answers, will get the leads checked again. Have also tried adding the fuel additive which did not work.

intrade, Oct 15, 7:00am
also change the sparplugs

attitudedesignz, Oct 15, 7:33am
But won't all the water run outa the spa before ya get new one in.
Oh, sorry you mean the plugs in the spars ya find on yachts.

attitudedesignz, Oct 15, 7:56am
Intelligent answer there matey.

intrade, Oct 15, 8:01am
First generation (1990??

attitudedesignz, Oct 15, 8:07am
So where does it say they are a Mitsi' engine! Just because Mitsi' designed them doesn't mean they are Mitsi motors.

Just like the clowns that say they have a Cosworth Mercedes, they are NOT Cosworth Merc's. The head was designed by Cosworth but there is NO Cosworth designation on the car ANYWHERE. Costin & Duckworth forbade Merc' from doing so.

attitudedesignz, Oct 15, 8:10am
I see you jumped in and edited it to say clone. So all this time when you said "it's a Mitsi' motor, it's rubbish", you were actually talking rubbish. Not helping ya credability.

intrade, Oct 15, 8:13am
how mutch more clear do you need it
http://mitsipedia.info/index.php!title=Sirius_family http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyundai_Elantra

if its mutch newer then its not mitsi if its older it is its right there
and i never said it was a mitsubish i said its a cloneand thats what the old ones are i even owned a hiundy pony and it had a exact clone of the 1.5 mitsi engine the 1.8 have a sirus clone, Just like ssangyoung mercedes mb140 have a om662clone merc diesel newer ones have the sprinter clone-commonrail. and i did help the guy i said to change spakplugs also if they where not already done. and you posted crap about the missing k.

supernova2, Oct 15, 9:43am
Now now children.Has everyone taken their bitchy pills today!