$1 reserve cars

a.woodrow, Oct 10, 11:03am
I don't think I'll bother ever selling a $1 reserve car on here again, Had buyer complain about a water leak when he picked up a couple of weeks later, out of the goodness of my heart I said bring it back and I'll check it out for you, but nope just got some nasty emails and a negative for my trouble. I honestly don't believe I could have been any more blunt about the condition of the vehicle, there's just no pleasing some people.

ok, rant over. as you were

hijacka, Oct 10, 11:25am
The way i see it is the cars over 20years old and went for under 1g which i think is a bargain. So Don't get mad. GET EVEN.
Theres a way you can get that feedback removed and he can't reply again then edit your feedback to him with a twist of nasty lol!
I see 2 faults with the feedback he has left and breaches the tm policy and thou shall be removed!.
''It contains defamatory statements as to the character of the individual''. He named you a Liar.
And second and most obvious is. ''It contains the trader's contact details, phone number, surname, email address or other means to individually identify the trader''
He spells out your full name which is a big no no.
Complain about the 2 findings to trademe and you will see the neg removed. complain about only 1 and they could just edit it.
Now go forth and be happy with the sale and the fact he didn't take you up on your offer of repair.

a.woodrow, Oct 10, 11:28am
Yeah I've reported the feedback to trademe, hopefully they delete as opposed to edit, which I see they do at their discretion. Am pleased that he didn't bring it back, considering the attitude he had

hijacka, Oct 10, 11:36am
Yeah man i hate that sort but rest knowing that people like that are actually miserable in real life anyway.And its a 1g car lol You lucky to pay for aweeks grocery and the rent with that let alone a trouble free car.Hey while you there you could report that blue face because its retaliatory feedback so its moot point about the trade itself so also breaches the feedback rules. You'll be all sqeaky clean again lol

whqqsh, Oct 10, 5:21pm
Ive found the less someone pays, the more they grizzle (its called being a cheap. )

fryan1962, Oct 10, 7:04pm
it looks like a bargain he got it cheap enough

intrade, Oct 10, 7:15pm
i sold my old toxota for 1$ on here got 35$ and then drove it 100km or so to oamaru to the suposed buyer and then he told me he his(unkool )was gona get itand the car nowand it was now in dunedin where i just had driven up from. So i told him to go and get *%ç" the car had registration and all , driven it to the scrapyard got 50$ for it and went with the plates to AA to derego it , i wont be ever wasting my time with something like this The buyer was deleted from tradme few month after.

pollymay, Oct 10, 8:08pm
I blacklist and otherwise won't deal with morons anymore. If they didn't inspect the car properly then tough titty. My good cars are not misrepresented, my old clangers I'm honest.

tootsie9, Oct 10, 8:41pm
The guy is a clown. You have stated to come check the car out before purchase along with stating you are unsure about any other leaks. You have covered all the bases if you ask me. And the main factor in your add is SOLD AS IS WHERE IS. His own fault for not checking it out. Probably just a airlock in the system or a leaky pipe. No major there just think he was hoping you refund him. Don't let it bother you we all have clowns on here sooner or later.

no-reserve-cars, Oct 10, 9:48pm
yeah sometimes you are better off selling them as scrap we have a wrecker that will pay $500 for any car and when the new laws come in thats where all our older cars are going to go

franc123, Oct 10, 11:46pm
Yep its often not worth the hassle trying to dispose of $500-1000 clunkers no longer, people have unrealistic expectations. The other problem is these disqualified drivers who have had their previous POS impounded the day before, strangely have no money for fines or reg/wof but have instant cash to buy another car, and want to drive away in yours right now and not bother with change of registered ownership procedures.

jazzyjack1, Oct 11, 12:00am
I wouldnt let it worry you, as far as I can see and read you did everything you were supposed to by law - you even told that Olivermat guy to come and view. Its up to the buyer to organise an inspection. The car I bought it blew its radiator 3 years after I purchased it - does that mean I can go back to the seller! That Oliver guy is a clown, when buying used vehicles - buyer beware - your auction was a bargain, some people just want too much for nothing

paul271, Oct 11, 3:15am
Im surprised it didnt go for more, the 4wd models are in demand by the rally boys, this one would have been a perfect donor shell for a written off evo I would have thought.

hijacka, Oct 11, 4:05am
I see they have edited his feedback. Bugger!
Shame they didn't delete it!

austingtir, Oct 11, 4:10am
People need to come down hard on idiots like this guy your auction clearly states as is where is and is $1 reserve.You should contact trademe and tell them that bad feedback in this situation is unacceptable.

I dont understand how anybody can actually have the cheek to have someone on about a car sold under these circumstances.

austingtir, Oct 11, 4:12am
Also you should send him a link to this thread.

a.woodrow, Oct 11, 4:23am
Yep but better than nothing i guess

vtecnet, Oct 11, 5:18am
Hmm he could have bypassed the heater core for $0 and had a cheap runner for the summer, (wouldn't need the heater).
Its amazing what people expect for $1000 nowdays.

rovercitroen, Oct 11, 10:11pm
My only red face was from a cheap car I sold on behalf of a family member. I told the buyers when they first looked at it that the cambelt was due to be changed or at least checked. They bought the car (cheap) and then complained that it cost them extra to do the belt. If I sell a cheapy again it will be by classified advert only (no feedback).

clark20, Oct 12, 10:34am
hell, I just spend $2500 putting 20" wheels and new tyres back on the car, $1000 does not get ya much

scuba, Oct 12, 11:28am
maybe you should have mentioned the leaking heater before he bought it.

hijacka, Oct 12, 8:24pm
Maybe he should have check it himself!
Its what a normal person would do.the heater core would have costed less than $50 and i assume he payed a mechanic about $100 per hour to fix his car that he bought for less than 1g, so i think there is some lack of common sense on the buyers part. A person who has to pay mechanics to fix cars should not be in the market for budget cars that are over 20years old and have done 200,000+ kms.

a.woodrow, Oct 13, 5:41am
If I'd known it was leaking I would have told him. Front carpet was wet after torrential rains, thought it was windscreen leaking, noted in auction