? re: Tyre Sizes?

jacqui248, Oct 9, 4:44am
Where'd my other thread go!

This was it.

so the vehicle i bought had a tyre get stuffed, wen went to repair they told me no good need new ones.

The size was 215/80r15, i get that, so they had to order them in for us, Decided to get 2. make it even.

BUT so now i have had to put the spare on to take vehicle to town to get two new tyres on. BUT the spare looks quite little. (but not liitle like a gook space saver), the spare only seems to have 2 numbers on it. just 195r15, so.

a) where is the third number!
b) i take it its all good to drive on like this !
AND c) the spare tyre(the 195r15 is crap but the tyre that is not stuffed that i am taking off the front to repalce with new (215/80r15) can this be put on the spare rim and used as the spare from now on!

hatchback, Oct 9, 4:57am
195r15 is the same as a 195/80/15, probably different brands, just put the spare back where it came from when you get your new tires and ask for the good one back. You might need it oneday

mm12345, Oct 9, 5:09am
Tip:
"Where'd my other thread go!"
Some people might take offense at the term: "gook space saver".

jacqui248, Oct 9, 5:22am
OH. sorry.

jacqui248, Oct 9, 5:26am
cant edit now either darn it.

jacqui248, Oct 9, 5:27am
thanks hatchback bu that still doesnt answer my three questions. i dont wanna put spare back cos its BALD as.

mugenb20b, Oct 9, 5:36am
a) When the "third number" is missing, it means it's an 80 profile so 195 r15 is exactly the same as 195 / 80 r15. However there are slight differences in sizes from one manufacturer to the other even if the numbers are the same.
b) Temporarily, yes.
c) Yes.

jacqui248, Oct 9, 6:13am
awesome thanks so much for those answers

fiatracer, Oct 9, 7:55am
No ally oop, intelligent people who come here hoping for discussions with similar, not childish name calling, racism and homophobia.

fiatracer, Oct 9, 7:56am
And no, I have never reported a thread so don't suggest i'm your narc

timmo1, Oct 9, 9:09am
Nor did I although I did/do find that term a bit 'off'

ally-oop, Oct 9, 7:22pm
Hmmmm.very defensive.

ally-oop, Oct 9, 7:24pm
By the way, just out of interest, how long has it been illegal to be racist in this supposedly free/speech country anyway!

chebry, Oct 9, 7:33pm
Thread missing! Belky must be baaack