Insurance question. I have only third party fire theft with vero and was hit by an at fault driver who39s company who own the of

ally-oop, Oct 9, 3:08am
I have only third party, fire, theft (with vero) and was hit by an at fault driver who's company who own the offending vehicle initially said they werent insured but when vero chased them up for me (even tho i DONT have full insurance, with my policy they apparently look after me because the damage to my car was caused by an 'uninsured third party' and so they chase up the cost of repair on my behalf), well after vero getting on their case, suddenly they ARE insured and are lodging a claim with their insurance company, what i want to know is: who looks after me now! A) vero as my insurer!, or B) the at fault driver's insurance company!(i'm not sure which company they are with). Thanks in advance for any informed and accurate facts on this.Cheers.

waxme, Oct 9, 3:16am
your insurancecompany will deal directly with theirs (or so i believe)

ally-oop, Oct 9, 3:19am
so my insurance company (not their's) will fix my car!

(i dont usually have accidents so im not familiar with it all)

tmenz, Oct 9, 3:32am
No, you have to deal with their insurance company to get them to fix your car.

waxme, Oct 9, 3:33am
the other company will pay, I am led to believe you can take it where ever you like or you can just get a cash settlement on cost of repairs.

ally-oop, Oct 9, 3:39am
Actually, a cash settlement would suit me better but do they pay out less than the assessment of repair costs!-and is a cash settlement quite common! (im thinking it must be for someone to mention it out of the blue like that !)and who is it that i need to deal with now (given my particular situation)-their insurance company, or mine!-i've already had a lot of discussion, statements, diagrams etc with my ins company, resulting in the at fault party backing down on their original denial, i suspect.

lookoutas, Oct 9, 4:59am
You must own a shotgun :-)
Just leave the matter with your Insurance Co, they will instantly deal up to 3K on your behalf, and then either get the bucks from the perf or their Co

Don't ya hate it when ya do a click coz nothing shows up, and it posts twice.