Caravans.

coaltrain, Oct 22, 6:43am
Ive got an old Carolyn Caravan that hasn't been regd or wof since 93, still has is old black number plates, its still in good nick apart from a few things that i already know that needs done but im wondering if anyone knows or where to get info to get re-regd etc!
any help will be choice
thanks

gammelvind, Oct 22, 6:54am
Vtnz

franc123, Oct 22, 7:06am
Go to VTNZ or AA with all the details, fill out the correct registration form and get a new plate for it, this costs about $100 or so for reregistration and 12 months of license, then take it for a WOF at a testing centre of your choice.

grangies, Oct 22, 7:12am
Do caravans need WOF's first before registering! Like Cars!

franc123, Oct 22, 7:16am
Bit difficult to issue a WOF to something that doesn't have a valid plate number. There is no VIN or compliance process to go through so the answer is no.

m16d, Oct 22, 8:53am
Nope.they dont.
Had the van registered for years, never had a warrant

r15, Oct 22, 9:59am
also - a caravan is just an ordinary light trailer as far as "the system" is concerned

coaltrain, Oct 22, 7:58pm
Hi everyone, thank you for your feedback, its helped a lot. Ill be heading into VTNZ this week with old plates etc to register caravan. I'm giving my self one year to do everything I want to do, an be camping in it next summer. P.s if anyone knows of a good Joinery as I want to re do beach top an cabinets .
thanks guys

lpggas, Oct 22, 9:44pm
should only be allowed on the roads between 2am & 4am . lol.

coaltrain, Oct 22, 10:12pm
I know what your saying, I normally leave a day earlier an come home day later. My father did the same when I was a lot younger, but I enjoy taking my time an get to see a lot more of the country.

paul, Nov 6, 5:51am
Hi, Does any one know of a place in Christchurch where I can get UK caravan converted to NZ plugs that would also do the Electrical inspection and Electrical WOF. Seems to have companies that do the conversion then you need to take else where for the WOF. Would be great to get it all done at once.