Euro car experts

Page 1 / 2
vtec101, Oct 22, 7:19am
Hey there i am looking at buying a euro car. The models i am interested in are the bmw e36 318 sedan and the merc c200 or c2200 looking at around mid ninties models. Ive heard the 6 cyl bmws are nicer to drive but hungry on gas. Also looking at audi a4 sedan. Looking to spend up to 5 or 6 grand. Could anyone please shed some light on all of these models would greatly appreciated Cheers

intrade, Oct 22, 7:22am
watch out on mercs they got biodegradable wiring looms and they do just that biodegrade while still in the car.

a.woodrow, Oct 22, 7:30am
The 318 is terribly underpowered and needs thrashed to get anywhere. If you go beemer look at a larger engine

00quattro00, Oct 22, 7:41am
A4 would be the pick of that bunch, get a 1.8 turbo quattro, nice and economical and with a chip they go quite well, can pick them up for around $4k

daryl14, Oct 22, 7:51am
Why the quattro! Have heard it gives problems and hampers economy! Just interested. Wouldn't mind a euro wagon myself. one day.

usdefault, Oct 22, 8:23am
A base model european generic bmw or merc that every boy racer owns.

You can get much better cars than those. Have you considered some Fiats, Alfa Romeo or Volvos!

vtec101, Oct 22, 9:32am
i dont really like any fiat models or volvos i dont really know anything about alfas imagine parts would be hard to obtain and be costly

00quattro00, Oct 22, 10:25am
quattro never ever gives problems and has such a minimal effect on economy,

intrade, Oct 22, 6:53pm
fiat parts are the cheapest you could get unless you go and buy them from some ripoff place . You only buy from euro italian car parts ltd doing fiat and bmw parts. dont know if he is as cheap for bmw parts but fiat to name some example for my windo winder i paid for whole unit mechanical manual 56$ and full suspension arms with balljoint is 180$ all geniuen fiat parts

supertech1, Oct 22, 7:10pm
Simple choicenone of the above

motorboy2011, Oct 22, 7:15pm
so get the 2wd turbo instead.

desmodave, Oct 22, 7:28pm
What have you heard and who told ya. Was it an Audi owner !.

chebry, Oct 22, 7:43pm
Kinda depends on what you like to drive I prefer pin sharp steering and great roadholding which rules out the german stuff, I guess Jazz will be along eventually to sell you a Fiat

vtec101, Oct 24, 4:27am
Anyone know much about the mercs c class ! mid to late ninties

woki, Oct 24, 10:00am
Dont buy an ex Singapore Mercedes . The humidity of the climate prematurely rots the biodegradable wiring looms . The only remedy is total strip and loom replacement.

by_hdt, Oct 25, 4:56am
boggles the mind why people aspire to a shit euro with a gutless engine rather than a nice well equipped top model jap or aussie car for the same money!

bmc460, Oct 25, 5:05am
Did ya not get a root last night, now on here having a spaz.

vtecintegra, Oct 25, 5:34am
I'd go the BMW.

The other posters are right though, that engine is extremely underwhelming so you'd be much better off with a 323i or up

tandj3, Oct 25, 5:41am
I have a 2000 Audi quattro 1.8 T, 5sp manual, one of the best cars I have ever had, not had a problem with it.

flack88, Oct 25, 5:55am
A4 with 2.8v6 and quattro,goes well ,blew away comie sv6 around the hills.

ksam, Oct 25, 6:29am
Did he know he was in a race with you!

unbeatabull, Oct 25, 6:38am
To be fair, those SV6 Commies are pretty gutless.

flack88, Oct 25, 7:51am
No wasnt a race,was working on it, the lady that owned its boyfriend had the commie ,but his driving ability mite not be as good as he thinks!they do stick to the road,the Quattro quite nice to drive,but i got enough shit to work on!

edangus, Oct 25, 7:56am
I vote for the BMW - 328 - 528 min

vtec101, Oct 25, 11:00am
Woki How would i tell if its from singapore !