Do tyre shops use a sealant on the bead?

daryl14, Oct 30, 10:09am
Or is it just a soap or water based Lube to aid fitting!

Got some ATV tyres that run at 7 PSI max and they just won't stay inflated. I can't get em on and off at home by my onesey.

kingfisher21, Oct 30, 10:18am
We bead seal a lot of ATV tyres, get a tyre shop to do it, we normally cleanup the rim and use bead seal only, inflate to max psi and leave them at max for a while then let down to recommended pressure.

daryl14, Oct 30, 10:23am
Awesome thanks, I will take the whole set in and get them sealed. I tried at local garage but he just smacked em on sans goo.

tim41, Oct 30, 5:39pm
put tubes in em,ive had the same issue and it works fine

elect70, Oct 31, 3:06am
^^^ +1get rusty &porous .tubes bestlong timesolutiononly thing that worked on the ride onmower

unbeatabull, Oct 31, 7:40am
You will have to ask to bead seal them. Most won't unless you request.

mechnificent, Oct 31, 7:57am
That green slime for sealing punctures works great, and it stops slow leaks if you run over prickles later. You just have to put it in the tyre while it's off the bike and then roll and tilt it around so the slime gets up in the bead.
The tube they say will fix a leak in one car tyre will do all four wheels on a quad.

skin1235, Oct 31, 10:18am
you'll find they are easier to get off the bead if you have a couple of psi in them - sounds strange but they are pricks to pop without some air in them
and often you can pop one bead, lube the hell out of it, pump it back up again, then pop the other bead, the lubed one will pop off easier second time round