Hyundai lantra

gmphil, Nov 11, 12:59am
Where go auckland for parts cant find wot i want here on trade me
Need flywheel for 99 lantra !

intrade, Nov 11, 1:00am
99 is probably still mitsubishi clone find out what engine and see if a mitsi one can be used .

mugenb20b, Nov 11, 1:01am
No it's not a Mitsi engine.

intrade, Nov 11, 1:11am
i proofed in the last thread that they are mitsubishi powerd so depends on what its got fitted. Google is on my side and i know i had a poni 96 hyundai that also had a mitsushitheap clump.
www.autoevolution.com ??? . ??? HYUNDAI -
HYUNDAI Lantra models. . HYUNDAI Lantra 1.9 D (1998 - 2000) . The engine that powered the Lantra was a Mitsubishi 1.6 L4 double overhead cam model .
simple google search brings up the proof that i am right.

phillip.weston, Nov 11, 1:28am
depends on the engine. The Lantra came with 1.8 or 2.0 engines in the NZ market - I think those engines are based on Mitsubishi engines but are heavily modified and contain a lot of Hyundai specific parts - for instance the inlet manifolds are plastic and use Bosch engine computers and a separate idle control valve (like GM vehicles) yet the Mitsubishi engines didn't see plastic manifolds until many years after and have been using their own engine computers with stepper motor controlled idle valve inside the throttlebody. Even the rocker covers and timing belt covers are different. I would say the only things the same are bare cylinder heads, pistons, rods, crank and that's it.

gmphil, Nov 11, 1:37am
The only number on car are kmhk31fp plus 6 number at end
Has pull type clutch like suby

intrade, Nov 11, 1:40am
so there we go probably a flywheel could fit. .

supernova2, Nov 11, 5:57am
Whats wrong with existing flywheel!Have you tried taking your existing to the wreckers/engine reconditioners to see if anyone recognises it!Check with clutch suppliers, if your clutch also fits a Mitsi then prob the flywheel will fit as well.